Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some easy tips to help out newbies, please add to my few.

+3
Bignuggs
wandwaver
snapper
7 posters

Go down

Some easy tips to help out newbies, please add to my few. Empty Some easy tips to help out newbies, please add to my few.

Post by snapper Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:02 am

Just going through my gear making sure everything is ok and thought id post a few tips that I have come across.
I used to struggle disconnecting the bungy at times so was shown how to fix that problem.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
To stop your battery lead from swinging around and eventually breaking, which does happen, just slip it through the detector cover.
The best tip I think I ever got was to buy a booster, i was on my way out for a few days prospecting when in my quad bike trailer a water container smashed and filled the bottom of the trailer, my harness with booster, battery and speaker all got saturated so i headed back to camp, pulled them apart to dry for a few hours in the WA sun [boy i miss that ] put them back together and never had a problem with them after that.
I love night detecting so i wanted a pretty good head lamp, i paid $95 for this one online at snowys outdoors, and even though it takes 4 double A batteries its a ripper. I also have a cheap headlamp as it has a red light, sometimes the bugs can get annoying at night and for some reason their not attracted to the red light, the red lights are used so when turning off the light you still have night vision and your eyes don't have to adjust to the darkness. I didn't know that until recently.
When not using the detector or travelling i have it stored in this case, its strong and the WA dust doesn't get inside, i can fit 3 coils inside it as well, 14" round, 11" round and the little sadie, for around $300 its good protection for an expensive $6,500 detector
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Some easy tips to help out newbies, please add to my few. Empty Re: Some easy tips to help out newbies, please add to my few.

Post by wandwaver Fri 20 Jun 2014, 9:34 pm

Where did you get the case and lining from? Looking for something like that.

wandwaver

Back to top Go down

Some easy tips to help out newbies, please add to my few. Empty Re: Some easy tips to help out newbies, please add to my few.

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jun 2014, 6:21 am

Swan hill detectors use to sell them--about $300 give or take.

try this-- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
they look ok and for $107 they might be what u r lookin for.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sat 21 Jun 2014, 7:02 am

Wandwaver you can these cases at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 21 Jun 2014, 7:24 am

this looks like the same case snapper has

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 21 Jun 2014, 7:46 am

We both use B&Z Boosters, when we pass over a target we switch from "boost" to "bypass."
Much easier on the ears and a little more private. Wink 

Two loops attached to the "D,s" on the harness and then the bungee is supported by both shoulders.
Small pick hung from chest. All you need for WA gold. Very Happy
(And yes the chair for when you want a rest) Thought I better add this before Ray reads it. 

Transfer fuel from jerry cans with a little air pressure.

Last edited by Nightjar on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Before the smart comments)
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sat 21 Jun 2014, 8:29 am

Yep Cliff, solargoldaustralia is the same fella who owns goldsearchaustralia in Dunolly.
These cases are very strong and well built.
When on long trips they can be stored under all your other gear, away from prying eyes.
Nice work Nightjar.
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:57 am

havnt seen that fuel transfer on a Gerry , makes it easy , tho I made a home made one for 44s ,same principal , beats using the hand pump ,stocked up when the fuel was at the right price .. Laughing 
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnieL Sat 21 Jun 2014, 10:07 am

Some good tips here fellas. Wish someone had told me about tucking the cord up , snapper! So simple - but wore my first cord out that way you showed in the photos.

Thanks

Last edited by AnnieL on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 21 Jun 2014, 10:09 am

Yep! Homemade Albo, have one for a 44 as well.
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by joshybear05 Tue 30 Sep 2014, 9:50 pm

Awesome tips. I love the bungee cord idea. It's a pain getting it.off sometimes

Jb

joshybear05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum