Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold country around Newman

2 posters

Go down

Gold country around Newman Empty Gold country around Newman

Post by blh Wed 21 May 2014, 10:09 pm

Hi all, Just returned from a couple of weeks work up at Newman, whats the country like around there for gold detecting.
I might be back up there in the near future. Any info appreciated.
Thanks Harro

blh

Back to top Go down

Gold country around Newman Empty Re: Gold country around Newman

Post by albo Wed 21 May 2014, 11:29 pm

Hi harro , 50 km sth of Newman take the major track east , flat ground go a while maybe 10km then do a left & the ground rises on to breakaways . I remember passing a mill on the right before the left turn & then you are heading back north  parallel to the hwy , but east 10- 15 km in on the nth -sth  run of hills . Wind the windows down in the ute  as you go & you should see dig holes here  n  there on the incline up mate , an old patch ,don't know the history / first finder but they had a great dig mate , there are 2 hotspots where they had a backhoe in if you do a big check , not too much  digging , anyhows good luck there .
Ar yep nothing much gets past albos big ears past the 26 parallel.. Laughing 
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by blh Thu 22 May 2014, 8:23 pm

Hi albo.  Thanks for the info. When I get back up there next  hopefully it will be by road and I can take my gear and head down and have a swing and see whats there.
Thanks again for the info and I will let you know how I go.
Cheers Harro

blh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum