Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING - BUYER BEWARE

4 posters

Go down

WARNING - BUYER BEWARE Empty WARNING - BUYER BEWARE

Post by Bignuggs Thu 08 May 2014, 6:05 pm

Some do and some don't.  I do.
If you are one of the "Do's" be careful of using your credit card or debit card when shopping online.
For the second time in 2 years, my Visa got hacked and used.  Lucky for me the bank security caught it and cancelled the card 2 days ago.  I didn't even know it had been used until today when I see some bastard has used it to by $67.00 worth of gear from bloody Walmart in the USA   lol! 
Bastards    WARNING - BUYER BEWARE 1632602647

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

WARNING - BUYER BEWARE Empty Re: WARNING - BUYER BEWARE

Post by pilbarachad Thu 08 May 2014, 6:49 pm

Yeah ive been done a couple of times- first time someone bought something in a japanese skate shop and second time it was US building supplies. Not sure how my CC details were sourced but lucky that the bank refunded me the funds both times. Would be very easy to miss if you dont check your CC reciepts and balance frequently.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 08 May 2014, 6:54 pm

refunding you is good but what about stopping the bastards in the first place, they are suppose to be secure and by repaying you they admit their fault. its a joke.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Fri 09 May 2014, 9:27 am

happened to me a few years ago these days i only use a debit card and only load into it the amount i need to do the transaction otherwise it has $5 in the account to leave it open-hire car companies and hotels dont like it when they use the card for security but i just tell them thats the way it is if they dont like it i will use someone else and then they are fine with it-dragonyey
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 09 May 2014, 9:00 pm

Went to the bank this morning to sort it out.  Takes up to 6 weeks to get ya money back, if ya get it back.
Also found out that the bastards tried a second time to buy stuff.  another $69.95 worth of crap from Walmart but they couldn't coz the account had been frozen.
Bloody Mongrels    WARNING - BUYER BEWARE 1472621687 
They want us to be a cashless society but they can't guarantee security of ya bank accounts.
We'll be a cashless society alright coz hackers will have ya money   Twisted Evil   Bastards    WARNING - BUYER BEWARE 1632602647  it's not funny really

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 02 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm

Welcome to the cashless society were plastic cards are the only form of currency or so it seems.
For the third time in under 2 months the Wallies at Walmart in the USA have hit my visa debit card.
My banks fraud section tell me Walmart are sorry for debiting my account and I got my money back quick, well it took a week, not like the last time where it took 6 weeks.
I doubt anyone is sorry, as long as they get their money for a purchase I never made.
Keep an eye on your bank statements.
Nothing is secure and safe anymore.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum