Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My trusty steed

2 posters

Go down

My trusty steed Empty My trusty steed

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:51 pm

Well here’s my old girl (sandy) I bought this thing pretty cheap after driving the falcon into a mine shaft that was half on the road while looking at a quartz blow. Haha.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I’ve been busy getting her set up for my WA trip next year
Still a bit to do here, but it is coming along.

I have bought an 80l fridge so out with the esky, bought a dual battery system and ordered an optima blue top battery for my Aux. battery.
Got plenty of LED lights to go in, thinking of getting the spare on the back with a swing door, then I can build an ali long range tank and maybe a water storage tank underneath.

Back to top Go down

My trusty steed Empty Re: My trusty steed

Post by Bignuggs Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:07 pm

I knew when I was a youngin I knew I'd need something good so this is what i use Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:33 am

Got a few spare hours yesty and got this far, not much to do now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 2:23 pm

Looks The job GPX, but dont reckon i could fit in there mate Very Happy

Can the roof racks take 290kg ?? you could strap me up there cobber but will need some loading
ramps and a mega tub of grease to ease me on up Razz Razz Razz
God knows how your gonna stop me on the slide back down Evil or Very Mad lol!

cheers
FG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 6:03 pm

FatGuts, Hahahaha, no roof rack on this old girl, I'm not sure the rust would hold it up there Laughing

Pete, the fridge is gonna sit on the left hand side over the lift up compartment, I'm gonna use it as a freezer to keep the ice up to the esky. Laughing It's a tight fit to get it in and out so i don't wanna be movin it all of the time to get stuff.

I was going to keep one side at floor level but decided to do it the way I have, if the fridge had its own little spot at floor level I thought that it may not be able to breath properly.

I have oiled the timber for some weather protection so no carpet, it is what it is! I just need some thicker timber for the slide out bench (above the draw on the right hand side) The detector has it's own draw, it is a bit hidden....planned that way. I will get a photo once fitted ( tomorrow morning) hopefully anyway, my little bro is comming up tomorrow so it's gonna get bloody messy round here. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 18 Nov 2011, 6:17 pm

Some good storage space there. Looks excellent.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:43 pm

Sorry about the late photo's drunken , I did get it finnished when I said I would drunken
Just didn't get around to taking a photo with the moby until just before.

I will keep the detectors in here while on the move, the 4500 doesn't fit unless a quick dismantle is done, will line the draw with some foam I have for a bit of protection when in 4wd mode Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 23 Nov 2011, 5:16 pm

where's the fluffy dice hangin from the inner mirror and the dog with the noddy head lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Detectist Wed 23 Nov 2011, 5:53 pm

Looks good goldstakergpx.
Are you going to sleep in it as well? Looks made for that even with the fridge to one side.
Plenty of room in the front for a gps too!

Detectist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2011, 6:27 pm

Hahaha, no dice or dancin dog, I'm astrayan. lol!

Detectist, I am going to sleep in it, I have been sleeping in the back of it now for awhile when camping with just a matteress, I am itching to get out and try it with this set up.

Almost enough room for the GPS in the front Laughing Ya soon use up room on the dash by the time ya fill it up with, an external UHF speaker, mount for the garmin handheld, the 7" GPS and the 4" GPS.
The 7" doubles as a screen for the DVD player I fitted into the dash as well.

It should make a good home away from home, until I talk the missus into selling the camper trailer and letting me buy a caravan anyhow Very Happy

I don't leave any of the gear in the car now after some little punk broke in and took the last DVD player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum