Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

raising your vehicle--

2 posters

Go down

raising your vehicle-- Empty raising your vehicle--

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 7:24 am

if u want to get a few more inches under the diffs due to rugged country u drive in --then i might suggest u try 8.25x16 tyres instead of the 7.50 x 16

they will only go on a split rim due to the fact they r 16ply rated tyres..about $380 a tyre--cheaper in the city--
5 or 6 stud rims--suited to the 75 and 80 series tojos and patrols or any vehicle with 16" split rims.
u should have enough clearance under the guards.

a lift kit only raises your vehicles body and will not give u any more ground clearance.
In WA u r only allowed a max of 50mm lift after that its engineers certification etc.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

raising your vehicle-- Empty Re: raising your vehicle--

Post by martinjsto Thu 13 Feb 2014, 8:21 am

I have just invested in a set of lovell and bilstein for the Pajero and 5 new Duelers 697LT (pics soon of the upgrades)
all up they have given me 50mm lift all round. I had them custom designed for the duel batteries and winch at front and heavy duty springs on rear for towing. she looks the part now just got the get the silly DPF exhaust system permanently fixed by removal! and ECU reprogram. I dont go bush bashing too much keeping to tracks where possible but the extra couple of inches and decent tyres sure makes a difference. I also purchased a MMC MUT3 scanner for code clearing and bush fault diagnostics, thats a big the issue with the newer common rail Euro4 emission standard diesels from all car manufacturers, happens to Patrol's parado, 200 series, navara and many other vehicles with EGR and DPF or Cats etc exhaust systems, faulty exhaust sensor or temp/O2 sensor somewhere and your in limp mode for the trip home with an expensive trip to the stealer's to clear the codes, its seems like a MUT3 or some OBD2 or better scanner is a must have for the bush now a days. the unit will pay for itself the first time you use it and may just save your Butt.
Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 23 Jun 2014, 10:34 am

For quality & its only been around for a year or so , springs made from X5K Spring steel are a superior & a new product, google it , anyhow there are only 2-3 after market suspension suppliers that have got on to using it so far , oldman emu nowadays use it & toughdog to name a couple . albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum