Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

light bars front and rear

2 posters

Go down

light bars front and rear Empty light bars front and rear

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2014, 8:29 pm

yep another addition to the troopy is a light bar on the bull bar and another much smaller one on the roof rack at the rear hooked up to the reverse gear..

absolute daylight and u can see the ants on the road in front of the vehicle also on the front are a pair of Hella 400 spot lights to give me the long range that I want at night.

I see u can now get rear light bars with in built brake and indicators on them with a clear light section making up the majority of the centre light area.

also have 2 led work lights on the rear above each spare tyre on the tyre racks which swivel and go up and down just to make life easy. These 2 lights have their own individual on off switches..

Also placed a led light inside the back doors mounted on the roof enabling more light at the back of the inside of the troopy.
The only other light that needs a bit of help is the original interior light --that's gota go--flaming useless in my opinion. Will try to hunt down a bright led to replace that one.

in my opinion u can't have enough lighting.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

light bars front and rear Empty Re: light bars front and rear

Post by Nightjar Fri 24 Jan 2014, 7:23 am

Agreed, the original interior lights are useless, after sniffing around on eBay found these LED's. You just solder a corresponding plug.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 24 Jan 2014, 7:36 pm

Some where on the forum we did talk about spotties before.
I had aircraft landing lights for spots, lit up the night brilliant but were illegal to mount them on a vehicle (had them anyway). just had to switch them off at least 5 k's before another vehicle was coming near ya or blind freddie starting seeing the light      Razz
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 7:52 pm

Stuffit--just ordered a new fluro from repco so hopefully Tuesday a new interior light goes in --
u can also get led bayonet globes 31mm ones fit the troopy..

but I thought I'd go the whole hog.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down