Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold from Cue

+2
Bignuggs
old dragon
6 posters

Go down

Gold from Cue Empty Gold from Cue

Post by old dragon Wed 25 Dec 2013, 11:17 am

Very Happy  Hi everyone just wanted to let you know I have returned home recently from our first gold prospecting trip. While on our trip I attended a 3 day course run by Bill O'Conner & Udo Kaschner  I highly recommend this course to anyone just starting out metal detecting . Very Happy  I found 3 very small pieces, my first bit of gold a .5 gram, .3 gram nugget and a 1.70gram specimen. I just want to thank you all on this forum, for the advice and encouragement to all us newbies. I can't wait for next year .I will try to post some photos of the gold.
Cheers Max   cheers

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Gold from Cue Empty Re: Gold from Cue

Post by Bignuggs Wed 25 Dec 2013, 1:02 pm

Hi Max,
good to see you enjoyed ya time chasing that filthy stuff they call gold  Razz 
it's a crazy hobby but we love it and hope you do too

Cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Wed 25 Dec 2013, 1:48 pm

Hi Cliff yes I love the challenge and I love the yellow stuff : Very Happy

Last edited by Bignuggs on Wed 25 Dec 2013, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cliff, never Cliffy ha ha)

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Wed 25 Dec 2013, 4:08 pm

Sorry about that name thing Cliff. I'm having trouble up loading the photos can any one help.
Cheers Max

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 25 Dec 2013, 4:35 pm

are you using the Servimg or photobucket ?
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Gold from Cue Empty cue with Udu & BIll

Post by GDH Fri 27 Dec 2013, 6:17 am

Hi Max, we are looking at doing their course end March '14, good to hear positives about it. We have friends just now relocating from here (Katherine NT) to Cue and we want to spend a few weeks over that way mid March - mid April.
Not long purchased a 5000 and found a couple of smaller pieces at Tennant Creek and learning our way around Margaret River diggings at Emerald Springs/Pine Creek area

Love to hear from anyone in that area (or along the drive from Kath - Cue) where we could stop and have a chat or swing.
Geoff

GDH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 11:27 am

Iv'e ben keeping an eye out for Bill and Odo's 2014 trips.
Are they announced yet ?
Hoping one of the courses lines up with my leave.
Neil.

Back to top Go down

Post by GDH Fri 27 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm

Last contact by email was a couple of months ago and Bill said they hoped to have dates by end of year, so should be out soon. He has put us down for the 1st one, hopefully end March. Can't make travel plans until we know either. Said they are not having as many classes in 2014 so they can do more detecting.
Geoff

GDH

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Fri 27 Dec 2013, 12:25 pm

GDH wrote:Hi Max, we are looking at doing their course end March '14, good to hear positives about it. We have friends just now relocating from here (Katherine NT) to Cue and we want to spend a few weeks over that way mid March - mid April.
Not long purchased a 5000 and found a couple of smaller pieces at Tennant Creek and learning our way around Margaret River diggings at Emerald Springs/Pine Creek area

Love to hear from anyone in that area (or along the drive from Kath - Cue) where we could stop and have a chat or swing.
Geoff
Hi Geoff, Not sure of the dates for the 2014 courses, I would try emailing Bill O'Conner (billandsueoconner@bigpond.com) because they are very popular and there was some talk about cutting back on the number of courses next year. My wife and I will be back in Cue June/July next year.
Cheers Max

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Fri 27 Dec 2013, 12:31 pm

Hi Neil, I would try to get in early. I just had a look on there web site and no dates yet.
Cheers Max

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Gold from Cue Empty Bill

Post by GDH Sun 29 Dec 2013, 7:53 am

Spoke to Bill yesterday, Udo is away for about 2 more weeks then will work out dates and post them. Hope to get in for the 1st one, and need dates to book place at van park.
Geoff

GDH

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk 51 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:02 am

Hi Max,
I was on that course with you and had a great time camping out with you and your wife. I hope we can catch up in the future and find a bit of gold to pay for our trip.
Regards Dennis.

Hawk 51

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:39 am

Hawk 51 wrote:Hi Max,
I was on that course with you and had a great time camping out with you and your wife. I hope we can catch up in the future and find a bit of gold to pay for our trip.
Regards Dennis.
Hi Dennis, Good to hear from you, Belinda and I have often thought of you and Noel on our journey home. WE did a little detecting around Barraba and Bingarra NSW with no luck. I will try and find your contact details and give you a call or email you. Cheers Max

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by salt-d Mon 30 Dec 2013, 3:47 pm

Hi old dragon, good to hear you enjoyed you trip to Cue and found a bit of the yellow stuff, I also did a course with Bill and Udo in 2012, they had Andrew "Greckie" from Victoria imparting his vast knowledge on the setting up the detectors and info on using them to there best. I found it all very helpful and found a good number of nuggets about the Cue area and other areas I spent time at while in the west. The Cues Own Fly Cream from Tourist shop ( they were selling detecting gear at the time as well, don't know about now) was great for keeping the flies off.
Hope to bet back over that way this coming year, Dam got the gold itch going just thinking about it.  lol! 
Cheers
Salt-d
salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Thu 02 Jan 2014, 1:53 pm

Gold from Cue IMG_0217_zps37ec51b4
Gold from Cue IMG_0221_zps5bbc0405
Thanks to Rod for his help with Photobucket ,hears the photos of gold I found at Cue.
Cheers Max

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 02 Jan 2014, 2:02 pm

nice gold Max, the trip with bill and Uno is highly recommended for the beginner, your gained knowledge will help you find a lot more.
well done
Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum