Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallen Gold--bonus

2 posters

Go down

Fallen Gold--bonus Empty Fallen Gold--bonus

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 7:03 am

when just got back from Adelaide and next afternoon was heading back out to the Dry Blower were Steve was working away.

Had 2 brand new Alternator belts in hand for our screaming tractor--i'm coming --i'm coming--just wait

the crusher ready to put into action..
Fallen Gold--bonus P9170295

anyhow I give steve the two belts and I proceed to crush and dry blow the previous days concentrates. About 3 kgs through the crusher then pour the sample through the dry blower to concentrate it further..out with the fiffle tray of the dry blower (151 Keene DB) and pour it into a pan ready for the gold wheel..away I go ..

151 DB with a mate in action
Fallen Gold--bonus P5260291

Once I had completed the cleanup came back out and was checking the ground were the dry blower was and found to my amazement gold that had escaped from the riffle tray and was sitting on the ground..

So out with the shovel and 4 buckets later we put all this dirt through the GOLD CUBE and we must have picked up another ounce of gold that we didn't know we had.

U can never b sure just try to b careful. This has been one serious learning curve and trust me I have learnt a shite load and repaired and replaced a shite load of gear just trying to remain in production.
The haul for the past 2 weeks was just over 6 ounces with the biggest being a nice 3 gram piece amongst all the chunky pieces.
so far so good as the rain hasn't come yet hopefully it will be a dry season.

Fallen Gold--bonus Color035

and just under 3 grams was this piece.
Fallen Gold--bonus Color036

ENJOY

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Fallen Gold--bonus Empty Re: Fallen Gold--bonus

Post by martinjsto Sat 07 Dec 2013, 12:57 pm

i guess the shape of the rifles and the air flow are critical, trial and error i suppose.
good you spotted the missed gold oneday, gotta get every last scrap.
hopefully a big payday coming soon to get you through the pitfalls.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 11:45 am

yep just put through another 3 x 20 liter buckets of previously treated gold and whallou and other 27 grams of gold has made it into the jar.

not good when u see gold sitting on the ground starring straight back at u, saying u missed me u missed me..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun 08 Dec 2013, 1:36 pm

Couple of photos from our dry blowing days, all by hand tools, don't know how we did it. Maybe the amount of tinnies laying around each morning helped?
Seeing your mate shovelling into yours brought it all back.

Fallen Gold--bonus Dryblowing1990001

This old blower at Pikes Hollow has seen better days.
Fallen Gold--bonus Dryblower005

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum