Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ag sprayers now dropping small iron pellets on claims now for the bigger mining companies

4 posters

Go down

Ag sprayers now dropping small iron pellets on claims now for the bigger mining companies   Empty Ag sprayers now dropping small iron pellets on claims now for the bigger mining companies

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 6:13 pm

Seems dropping them at a height of about 3 to 4  thousand feet covers a area of about 5 to 6 square km of prime gold bearing land that will later be scraped. Annoying the hell out of the detectorists sneaking on the claims. Being used as we speak on a couple of mines in caretaker.... interesting concept of trying to slow down poachers.

Back to top Go down

Ag sprayers now dropping small iron pellets on claims now for the bigger mining companies   Empty Re: Ag sprayers now dropping small iron pellets on claims now for the bigger mining companies

Post by Bignuggs Tue 20 Aug 2013, 6:35 pm

Very interesting. It's a change from the old "Aluminium ring pull by the thousands" trick.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Ag sprayers now dropping small iron pellets on claims now for the bigger mining companies   Empty Re: Ag sprayers now dropping small iron pellets on claims now for the bigger mining companies

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 6:41 pm

mmm --if u can prove it I--then its a matter for the authorities to deal with such behaviour. Totally illegal

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 6:47 pm

I think you will find that small iron pellets or filing are very good for plant growth as well.  NKP  plant food  heard that citruis trees love the stuff as it breaks down. Maybe that is how they get around it. ( though no citruis trees out west)

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbara junky Tue 20 Aug 2013, 6:59 pm

isn't that called littering? Its very sad how much junk is out in the bush as it stands.

pilbara junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 7:25 pm

Before we start getting all ventilated about this, can we please have some evidence etc. I could go in to bat with APLA over this but I'll need some better info as to where and when it's happened and who did it.

I doubt a mining company would hire a chopper and crew just to piss off detector operators. They've got enough cash flow problems without throwing money away on a minor inconvenience such as people like us. This may well be organic iron of the fertiliser type. This doesn't react to a metal detector.

Some facts please,

Thanks,

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 10:37 pm

One old ag plane not being used during crop rotations and just fill the hopper up and away u go like fertilizing or crop dusting really just up higher for a greater spread on a product that will slowly turn back to a oxide that just leaves a greater noise halo effect.  For detectors that is.....   this method will getting increasingly used in years to come as it is being trialled now in a few spots. 
No bush tracks need to be spiked with this method like in that pic on a private tenement. Plus less legal liabilities as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 10:52 pm

Its just a modern day version of what the old gold site mangers use to get the apprentices to do in the old days. In the old days the apprentices when not much was on were made to take a staple gun and a back pack full of staples and walk around the property dropping staples everywhere. An paper clips and small ball bearing etc etc. This is going back 20 years now. Now due to labour costs etc a couple of quick fly overs and the jobs done in about 2 to 3 hours flying time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Wed 21 Aug 2013, 6:01 pm

Thanks Jim, was wondering why I was finding staples on area's I was detecting bloody annoying as they give a simular signal as small sub gramer nuggets.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 6:32 pm

that's were a very good rare earth magnet comes in handy Kev..

the worst thing we have come across is decomposed insect wire screen-stuff that keeps mozzies out but this type was made of wire--good signal and flammin hard to find on the coil and extremely thin in size..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by hanson Thu 22 Aug 2013, 9:35 am

You betcha oneday monday, that is exactly what I use, beats the shite of extra digging, I then go over again with detector again.
hanson
hanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 3:28 pm

Yes a good rare earth magnet on the base of your pick does wonders.... recommend one to everyone even the professionals out there

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum