Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Laverton supermarket is it open yet????

+5
snapper
albo
codgerwa
Bignuggs
AnnieL
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Laverton supermarket is it open yet???? Empty The Laverton supermarket is it open yet????

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:16 am

Reading the latest Kalgoorlie miner newspaper said it is still closed..... Some coming back from the fields to Kal say it is now open can anyone confirm.

Back to top Go down

The Laverton supermarket is it open yet???? Empty Re: The Laverton supermarket is it open yet????

Post by AnnieL Thu 27 Jun 2013, 3:53 pm

I was there last week and overheard the guy in the take-away shop telling a customer it was opening soon.  The take-away has basic groceries but pretty expensive and he said he will just go back to doing take-away only.  

I think Leonora has an IGA or small supermarket. Other than that, maybe ring the local caravan park and ask.

Cheers
Annie

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

The Laverton supermarket is it open yet???? Empty Re: The Laverton supermarket is it open yet????

Post by Bignuggs Thu 27 Jun 2013, 9:04 pm

Check this out.  Is it open yet or are they still thinking about it. Leo does have groceries but expect to pay a little BIT more than normal.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/regional/goldfields/a/-/news/17554535/shop-opening-a-boost-for-laverton/

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by codgerwa Thu 27 Jun 2013, 10:19 pm

Last week I was told it may be open in a week or so, I will be in there tomorrow & will find out a bit more info. Cheers codger.

codgerwa

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Thu 27 Jun 2013, 10:22 pm

good to hear your out of the Wiluna wet steve , still on off rain up here .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by codgerwa Thu 27 Jun 2013, 10:41 pm

G'day albo, great to hear from ya. Fine here for the next week or so, I'll ring ya soon so you have our number again. Cheers, Steve.

codgerwa

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Fri 28 Jun 2013, 7:56 pm

July the 5th is when its meant to open
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by codgerwa Fri 28 Jun 2013, 8:26 pm

Yes I heard the same as snapper, July the 5th. Cheers, Steve

codgerwa

Back to top Go down

Post by MacRob Sat 29 Jun 2013, 12:32 am

July the 5th. Which year???

MacRob

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Wed 03 Jul 2013, 8:11 am

We were at the Lav. PO yesterday. Went for a walk around the corner for a look see.
It could reopen on the 5/7, but not this year.
Looks dead as a dodo.
Mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 9:27 am

Surely how long does it take to deliver and stack a supermarket what a day or two at the most. Must still have financial issues somewhere. That is if the Big day is not friday.

Back to top Go down

Post by driller Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:24 pm

Today`s Kalg Miner says they were on schedule to open but discovered a serious power problem with the store that has to be resolved and they dont know how long it will take.

driller

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Thu 11 Jul 2013, 7:50 pm

Still not open as far as i know, they had the electrictions there early june, but nothing gets done in a hurry around here
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Thu 11 Jul 2013, 7:51 pm

jkihyig 
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by MacRob Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:51 pm

My neighbor has to do a 250 km round trip to Leonora to get some budgie seed for his bird pale 

MacRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 11 Jul 2013, 9:48 pm

That damn store is becoming a never ending drama. Last time I ever had to use that store was 94 (when it was open), it was crap then and I don't think it will change. Always running out of stuff, waiting for deliveries.
Just my opinion.

PS. always make sure you have ya own stores with ya for the trip. Don't rely on Lavo.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 4:26 pm

Is it open yet.............

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Thu 18 Jul 2013, 6:24 pm

I was in town today and forgot to have a look, but i havn't heard anything,
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by hanson Mon 22 Jul 2013, 11:35 am

The probable electrical problems could be forgetting to pay electrician ;o))
hanson
hanson

Back to top Go down

Post by MacRob Tue 23 Jul 2013, 5:50 pm

Truck with pallets of supplies arrived today. The grand opening is expected on 1st August 2013.cheers 

MacRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jul 2013, 11:35 am

At least the town will have a decent supermarket come food store now for everyone. The town has been without one for to long. Not fair for them to have to travel to Leo or Kal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 1:43 pm

Just heard on the grapevine the supermarket it open.
Please proceed in a disorderly drunken manner to the front counter thankyou.

Last edited by Bignuggs on Thu 01 Aug 2013, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by MacRob Thu 01 Aug 2013, 7:40 pm

Definitely opened at 10am today with a sausage sizzle for all.

MacRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Aug 2013, 7:53 am

Ooops....that was an epic fail!
Dropped the U in Supermarket.
Glad you picked it up Cliff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 02 Aug 2013, 8:39 am

no problems, I gotta laugh out of it

cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum