Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huge find, Marble Bar area

+5
Flying kiwi
bluedog
snapper
shorty
macgyver5154
9 posters

Go down

Huge find, Marble Bar area Empty Huge find, Marble Bar area

Post by macgyver5154 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 8:07 pm

Wish I could claim it but a buddy of mine (Bud--70 years old) found a large potato shaped  quartz rock with gold all through it.  Using a Minelab 5000, 14" elip. NF, about 28 inches down.  Had to call for help to dig it out.  It was about 3" in diameter and 5 1/2" long.  We dolly'd it last night and the gold recovered was just over 7 ounces.  Find of a lifetime for Bud (another Yank on Holiday).  I didn't get any pictures before the crushing, but here are some inprocess.  There may be a phone pic and I'll post it later if I can get access to it.  The last pic is the largest single piece od gold from the rock.

Edit----Add the picture of the entire rock-----

Huge find, Marble Bar area Bud_s_10
 Huge find, Marble Bar area 02610

Huge find, Marble Bar area 02710

Huge find, Marble Bar area 02810

Huge find, Marble Bar area 02910

Huge find, Marble Bar area 03410

Last edited by macgyver5154 on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
macgyver5154
macgyver5154

Back to top Go down

Huge find, Marble Bar area Empty Re: Huge find, Marble Bar area

Post by shorty Sat 22 Jun 2013, 9:12 pm

That's awesome, great find really finding good gold to make it a really memorable holiday, please leave a little bit for us when we get up there in a couple of weeks...
Chris and June
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 6:26 am

well done --we'll get out there one day..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sun 23 Jun 2013, 8:03 am

Fantastic find, well done and great pics.
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Wed 26 Jun 2013, 9:44 am

Well done mate well done
Cheers bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:42 pm

very nice thanks for sharing Very Happy
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnieL Wed 26 Jun 2013, 2:49 pm

Good find by your buddy !  

I'm waiting for roads to Marble Bar to dry before heading that way and Nullagine so there may be some hope to find something in the area. Very Happy

Annie

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by picknshovel Thu 27 Jun 2013, 9:19 am

bloody beauty find for ol mate, @ 70yo, you gotta be happy with that.Very Happy

dunno if i woulda smashed it tho, kinda like chunky bits in situ.hjjo

thanks for postin Mac.....
picknshovel
picknshovel

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Thu 27 Jun 2013, 9:51 pm

Great bit , looks like . mm . hava nother look .... yep I got it , shark gully nw boundry cheers
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 14 Jul 2013, 9:29 am

Great find again I say:D ... heard from the secret source bottle a 300 to 400 ounce patch was located & picked up only last week in the Marbley bar area ... any mail / stories about it are wellcome Very Happy 
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 6:57 am

Nice looking specimen .........dont mean to sound like a Poke Nose .......but argh do I read you right in that your dollying for just the AU content?.
I can see that Breaking that rock exposes the veins of gold etc.
Some Auctions in the U.S.A are paying 3 x the spot value of Gold for Nuggets & Specimens particularly sought after is large Gold in Quartz specimens for special collectors & Museums.

Heritage auctions has Mineral sales once per year or so you can find em on the WEB.

Others also can be found that auction Natural history items that pay about the same.

Couple of *Important points to Watch with these International auctions.

1 ) Make certain they send you a Contract that your required to Sign to sell your property.

2 ) If your valuables are worth more than $10,000 Ask for a Rate reduction in the commission they ask from you.

3 ) Make it Clear prior to auction when auction proceeds are PAID to you after auction closes ; many were Shining people on with 3 month Waits while your $ languished in the Auctions Bank accounts further enriching them. These days 30 Days is *More than enough.

4 ) IF possible Seek a Monthly auction & then your Turn Around is more like 60 days.
IF possible seek a Fortnightly auction that lists its Stock on the WEB for at least 10 -14 Days prior to the in-house Live auction start Date.

5 ) Try to see what ever Auction you choose uses at least 3 WEB auctions or More, 6 is the Ultimate for Global exposure of what your selling........non of which will include ebay :

*Also make it Clear from the get Go you Want your auction proceeds paid into an AUSTRALIAN Bank via direct Telegraphic Bank Transfer its a wire and arrives & Clears in seconds.

Happy Hunting ~!"

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Sun 28 Jul 2013, 7:51 am

Good info, but sounds like a lot of drama and risk to me. I think I would have done what the potato farmer did and bust it open like a little kid just to see whats in there to see all the treasure that was dug up. Thats the thrill. And we get to see it too.
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 8:50 am

Over seven oz's of gold from that piece eh .......sure would like to see More pictures before Dolly got her hands on it.
There is a Liquid Testing bath type Machine in Japan that reads AU content of metals and prints out how many grams oz's etc of content there really is in items. Neat little device all digital and special emersion liquids that fill the glass case the specimen sits in.

So you would sell gold specimens to me at the Spot price or gold $ price top right column in this forum.....is that right? .......or would it be Risky too?.

Cause I sure would BUY Gold specimens from you at spot GOLD prices.

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Sun 28 Jul 2013, 6:44 pm

Clearly selling gold for cash is less risky than sending it abroad to be auctioned then having to wait for an unknown time frame of payment. I keep my gold just cause I like to look at it now and then. Probably because my tally isn't great. Only 15grams in two weeks.
And if I had a good gold specie spot price wouldn't cover it, otherwise I'll keep it thanks.
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum