Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASHBURTON GOLD

+3
Shabri
snapper
albo
7 posters

Go down

ASHBURTON GOLD Empty ASHBURTON GOLD

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 5:41 pm

JUST A TEASER FROM THE LAND DOWN SOUTH--5.5ozs of solid COOKIE gold.

ASHBURTON GOLD 8281832e-267c-4129-a93a-438401edd3c8
and the happy couple with the COOKIE nugget

ASHBURTON GOLD P6120098

TALK about joining the 1 oz club this pair of love birds created their own club--way to go..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

ASHBURTON GOLD Empty ASHBURTON GOLD

Post by albo Wed 12 Jun 2013, 6:07 pm

NOW theres some top shelf bling eh , no acid required , thanks albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

ASHBURTON GOLD Empty Re: ASHBURTON GOLD

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 6:20 pm

sorry Albo, I FORGOT to mention it was found with a GPX5000--lol!

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Wed 12 Jun 2013, 6:33 pm

What a top looking nugget, well done to them,
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Shabri Wed 12 Jun 2013, 7:43 pm

Thought we better register since our faces are on the forum
Thanks Oneday

Last edited by Shabri on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding info)

Shabri

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 12 Jun 2013, 7:54 pm

CHEERS RAY ... UM 200 MM DEPTH probly  amoungst a schit load of trash maybe .  Ray  THE 5000 reports coming to me  only have subgrammers  on old spots . . no large nuggets at depth I hear, its well known . albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:08 pm

the only places known for large nuggets have been Marble Bar and Nullagine areas, the easy gold has been picked up from a lot of the known areas however the gpx will find small stuff left behind in a lot of the common grounds--trouble is a lot of tourists have very expensive vans and they wouldn't make it too far of the beaten track in those far away places were theres still nice gold to b found..
u really have to get out of your comfort zone--like that bloke that got lost a couple of weeks ago--camo net over his car and van--hello..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

ASHBURTON GOLD Empty Lucky Find

Post by Shabri Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:25 pm

Thought we better register since our faces are on the forum
Thanks Oneday

Last edited by Shabri on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Shabri

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:31 pm

Meeka north 110km,  9 years ago produced a 368 ouncer by an old fella named Don Hemphrey in a creek wash , plus 2 other 90 _ 100 ozer bits from  raiders when he took a smoko on the same day . The big one  was  on display at the mint . Ray , Theres been huge lumps of  gold found at meeka nth
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shabri Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:54 pm

yeah it was a beauty and took a bit to get out as it was about 800 to a meter deep with no trash around
It was definitely a team effort and tag team on the pick. good old 5000 with an 11 in coil
lucky it was lying flat or I probably wouldn't have picked it up. the signal was faint but solid
Our best before that was an 8 and 10 gram piece both found by my wife and didn't she let me know it
Then we go on a short camping trip and i find a 20 gramer which made me jump for joy and whoop as you do and then bugger me half an hour later im digging for that little beauty
All i can say to you my wife is that's gonna be hard to beat darlin LOL

Shabri

Back to top Go down

Post by Shabri Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:55 pm

finally got it on

Shabri

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 13 Jun 2013, 5:21 am

very nice slug team got to be stoked with that effort8)

cheers
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by arizonayank Thu 13 Jun 2013, 6:02 am

Thats aussie gold for sure nice brite color beeeuuttffuulll! That will be hard to beat but don't count your wife out stranger things have happend LOL>>Kelly
arizonayank
arizonayank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jun 2013, 6:45 am

we'll have to go for a trip Albo--i'm keen..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Thu 13 Jun 2013, 7:02 pm

We,ll be up that way in July as we are doing a 4wd trip with our youngest son, going up to Nullagine out to Carawine George back through Marble Bar then onto Karajini up to Millstream and Karratha and down to Exmouth, after seeing that might have to pack the detectors and have a swing. Going to be doing about 5,500 km so don't know how much time we will have for swinging the coils, anyway getting excited about the trip, ps I found a 14 grammer  last year with the 5000 about 300 mm down. 
Chris and June. Very Happy
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbaragold Thu 13 Jun 2013, 8:50 pm

Hi Albo,
           Don was a top bloke. Put an X on the map for me not long after he found those bits. Every man and his dog were taking a guess at where they were found. No one was really close. He showed me the photo's of all the bits him and his wife got, she found the first couple, and told me the story of the guy that basically white anted him. He thought he got more than those 2 big bits.
pilbaragold
pilbaragold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum