Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a look guys.

4 posters

Go down

Have a look guys. Empty Have a look guys.

Post by Sporaticus Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:46 pm

http://www.metaldetector.com/makro-deep-hunter-metal-detector

Is this the "one". Could one of you guys buy a few and fill us in if they work, haha. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Have a look guys. Empty Re: Have a look guys.

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:57 am

Here's the Helmet that comes with the Detector Shocked
Have a look guys. DarthVader_zpsc7a588be
Sorry Couldn't help myself Looks like one of Darth Vaders Weapons Have a look guys. 3179412840

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:41 pm

From the specs it looks like just another VLF detector with two frequencies for different sensitivities and depth. ML had a design like this many year ago, called the "Dual Ace". It wasn't bad either.

But at $5.700.00 they ain't gonna sell many of these and they are WAY overvalued at that price. I'm currently looking for a Whites GMT and they only cost about $1000.00!! These people are pullng yer plonker.

C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporaticus Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:03 pm

Caterpillar wrote:From the specs it looks like just another VLF detector with two frequencies for different sensitivities and depth. ML had a design like this many year ago, called the "Dual Ace". It wasn't bad either.

But at $5.700.00 they ain't gonna sell many of these and they are WAY overvalued at that price. I'm currently looking for a Whites GMT and they only cost about $1000.00!! These people are pullng yer plonker.

C

Thanks Cat, at that price if it hasn't got gpx 5500 on the sticker, I aint buy'n.
I see what you mean Gringo, but Darth used a light sabar/saber/sabour........sword. Dam this Tom Price edumacation. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Now the storm troopers.......haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 6:13 pm

C you might want to look into a Fisher Gold bug2 as an alternative also..
A few of us used to detect with a mix of Fishers & Whites Both really good, I personally have a fisher gold bug 2, I've always had it with me over here in WA but I'm yet to find an area of use.. That GPX4500 keeps me busy enough.. My fisher payed itself off 5 times over in one afternoon I was lucky enough to come across a Road works Dozer pushing up a Borrow pit along side of the road up in Cape York which was directly on top of 3 old shafts that Myself & others had success in finding species with the VLF's. Back then it was the GP days & they couldn't pick up the species. Anyway the Dozer driver said go for it & he couldn't believe what I was pulling out.. In the end he was ripping it for me Laughing The Vlf's take a bit of getting used to but with patience you will pick up shite loads of Breadcrumbs & Species.. Metal Descriminator is excellent definately should be part of your tool kit if you have a push machine..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 6:54 pm

Gringo,

I'm well acquainted with Fishers, Deepseekers, Groundhogs, ML 15000, 16000, 17000, 18000s etc,etc- all VLF machines. I've been in this silly prospecting lark since before Paddy Hannan!! lol!

The White's is needed for a specifuc purpose on one of my leases. I'm sure you'll know what I'm talking about qwk;ec

Thanks,

C

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Thu 14 Mar 2013, 7:56 pm

hi cat ,il take your bait on the white , supreme discrimination so you can get the dozer blade chips before you detect the real thing , cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:18 pm

No, not even close with the bits of blade (my dozer doesn't seem to shed much for some reason) - but not close anyway. The GPX machines have one great big flaw in them, a huge hole in PI design. This particular tenement of mine needs a good VLF machine as the gold is contained in a quartz matrix, is very fine, very rich and can't be found with a 4500 or a 5000. I've proved it and Minelab agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Fri 15 Mar 2013, 5:33 pm

I seen a fella with a specie the size of ya fist full of very small specs of gold, the 5000 didnt give a wimper but his whites did and thats why he found it, cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 15 Mar 2013, 5:55 pm

Old Chinese saying, "Horses for Courses".

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm

The old Dolly pot copped a flogging that weekend..
Have a look guys. D62f79da-6d96-47aa-98a4-5cfaaeac3be0_zpsc172745e

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Fri 15 Mar 2013, 8:37 pm

Thanks Cat interesting about the depth void on species with the 5000 , had all minelabs myself till the 3500 & started doing other things after that , must say the extreme was the best , but very noisy on hotrocks etc but that was good in regards to reading the mineralised ground , if it aint talkin , no use walkin in most murchison areas. With the extreme a specie target of substantial size some depth made a distinct sqwigley noise , but a solid nugget was a constant solid sound ,then having the 3000 & 3500 after that the gold tally did drop noticeably , did you find this as well & what im getting to also did the older detectors have this void also , just trying to find out more about it , you know how the old wives tales can develop here n there & soon enough there gospel , cheers c , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:51 am

so the 8x6 coil didnt pick up the specy cat?
P.H. got his miners right in 1893 --how old are u CAT? lol!

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:27 pm

Well Ray ive been out of the loop as far as the 4500 & 5000 goes , said it before, but the prowess of these 2 detectors from my mates & yourselves reckon they clean up well on the tiniest subgram slivers , was there forte & with an 8/6 you would have to reckon the bits you could find with that would be hardly worth picking up. im hearing conflicting messages here & the void thing , seeing is believing i spose, cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:34 pm

Good thread this , snapper was the 5000 operator experienced in regards to settings & did he have a large or small coil , cheers, albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 7:39 pm

the 8/6 dont miss really anything when u come accross a patch that has pot holes everywhere. Trust me theres always something left but to find it u really have to keep low and go real slow.

Some people arent fussy what they pick up or how long they continually hammer a known spot--thats the reason i dont show people any more spots of known gold...

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 19 Mar 2013, 7:34 pm

Know the type Ray, one fella i came across at Rosie flat, a hammered well known area out of Halls CK was camped on it for 6 weeks , small area probly 2-3 house blocks in size & polished up 20 oz of flyshite in that time , couldnt do myself, always too keen to see whats over the next hill ..... but it all adds up & no fuel & staked tyre expenses i spose.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down