Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permission granted - how refreshing

2 posters

Go down

Permission granted - how refreshing Empty Permission granted - how refreshing

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 12:56 pm

It's refreshing to receive a letter requesting permission to detect on tenements. As I'm not doing a lot on this one for the first few months of this season, I said "OK". It's really good to see people doing the right thing. It's a damn sight less stressful than fronting people and telling 'em to get off. Especially so when some of 'em start ranting & raving the WA Mining Act and "The Eureka Stockade" back at me about how they are entitled to be there!

jhgigfif

Is this a sign of the times and the prosecutions we've had in the last couple of years, I wonder?

Cat

Back to top Go down

Permission granted - how refreshing Empty Re: Permission granted - how refreshing

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 1:04 pm

SO U R SAYIN THERE ARE SOME GOOD MINDED PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT still hold a bit of respect for people like yaself with Prospecting leases?

Good on them and really its not real hard..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Permission granted - how refreshing Empty Re: Permission granted - how refreshing

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 1:19 pm

Bloody good onya caterpillar for giving the OK. I hope ya strike it rich soon (if ya not already) kwdf

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 2:00 pm

goldnomad wrote:Bloody good onya caterpillar for giving the OK. I hope ya strike it rich soon (if ya not already) kwdf

Robert

Well, I can tell you sincerely, GN, that last year was certainly NOT the year we struck it rich. We got the grand total of 123 grammes for 5 months work with the 'dozer. Yep, that's right, only 4 ounces in return for an outlay that ran into many $ thousands. That was reduced by the 8 grammes I got charged for floating out the Cat when it broke down!! Being a leaseholder and using a 'dozer isn't all beer 'n skittles - as most people seem think. I lost about 5 weeks when I was fixing the Cat 'cos we couldn't even detect whilst I was doing that.

Strangely enough it was our first season with our own 'dozer and it was by far our worst in 30 years we've been prospecting. We've done better in the past just plain old, vanilla detecting. It is fun most times but it can be stressful when machines go wrong or the tenement rent 'n rates bills start arriving in the post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 27 Feb 2013, 4:56 pm

what machine you running bud?

money out > money in = not good Shocked

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 8:08 pm

Kiwi,

We use a Cat 943 traxcavator with 3 tyne rippers and 4 in 1 bucket/blade. I could do with more grunt but with a bit of patience and now the trans has been fixed after last year's fiasco, it does the job. It's relatively easy to float around, compared to the bigger machines and it's NOW very quick across the ground - which bigger dozers aren't. We both have 4500s and I have an old dryblower that does about 5 TPH, but that needs a big rebuild. We also have a small Honda driven crusher. We have 9 leases, some granted, some pending and some still in negotiation with companies. I think I enjoy the negotiation and the intrigue of the game more than the detecting these days. All in all, it keeps us busy in retirement. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 27 Feb 2013, 8:38 pm

943, yummy. Me and Big Brucie loved them little machines Razz
Ate them for dinner lol! only joking. The 988 did a good job and so do traxcavators but ya do need something a bit bigger but like ya say, it costs money.

Permission granted - how refreshing 98831910

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 11:07 pm

Are those grouser plates over the loader Tyres Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum