Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jewelery nuggets

3 posters

Go down

jewelery nuggets Empty jewelery nuggets

Post by Dunolly Sovereign Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:42 am

nice pendant note the holes are shaped with 6 sides were quartz crystals penetrated the gold weight 9.8 Grams

jewelery nuggets Gold__11

Dunolly Sovereign

Back to top Go down

jewelery nuggets Empty Re: jewelery nuggets

Post by snapper Wed 14 Nov 2012, 2:49 pm

Nice DS, ant chance of finding out what k the necklace is, 9,18, 24? cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 5:01 pm

Nice Pendant there Grahame, was that a gift to Gail.
Plenty brownie points in that one mate Very Happy

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunolly Sovereign Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:35 pm

the chain and jumps and solder are all 18ct it is dearer than the spot price of nuggets I use solid gold wire I think the last lot of 9ct wire gold cost almost $47 per gram a lot of people are using rolled gold or gold plate white metal alloys, drop them in weak hydrochloric and the melt away Hence the term acid test for spurious gold. I do quite a few over each year for myself and others some gold is not the best for jewelery it is hard to solder and is often not a (Pretty nugget) generally most pendant nuggets have a face or front view where the nugget looks best, they will then obviously have a back , then the top and bottom, generally the heaviest end of the nugget will be the bottom , finally the top of the nugget were you will mount the bail or jump ring is generally the finer lighter thinner end of the nugget although not a hard or fast rule this is mostly the way that Jewelers will mount nuggets for pendants as most of you know if you find a nice bit of gold it is easy to see which way to mount , it is something of a personal choice I have seen many beautiful 3 and 4 gram pendants and some large chunky 1 ounce plus bits that while they are nice chunks of gold , they are just not beautiful jewelery

Dunolly Sovereign

Back to top Go down

jewelery nuggets Empty slight problem with photo upload

Post by Dunolly Sovereign Wed 14 Nov 2012, 6:45 pm

Hey pete, I am having troubles uploading any more pictures it seems that the site keeps wanting to load the same picture regardless of which file I am trying to upload I have tried to delete and start again no luck any Ideas?

Dunolly Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:07 pm

Here's your problem Grahame.
When you have uploaded one pic and go to upload another, before you search up the next pic, click "Upload" at the bottom of the upload box, that will clear the 1st pic away and then search up your next one..

jewelery nuggets Untitl10

Pete

Back to top Go down

jewelery nuggets Empty Thanks pete

Post by Dunolly Sovereign Thu 15 Nov 2012, 8:35 am

jewelery nuggets Dscf9023 with this pendant you can see how i have chosen to mount this nugget from the front it looks like a mother hugging her child, the back of the nugget is smooth and a bit featureless but suits being a pendant because it wont rub harsley on the skin something to consider for the ladies who generaly end up wearing most of them and you can see also how the heavey end of the nugget naturalyy becomes the bottom of pendant , and lastly the top where the jump or bail is soldered you want a good sold area to solder to here as this bears all the weight of the nugget . weight 14 .3 Grams

Dunolly Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunolly Sovereign Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:30 pm

jewelery nuggets Dscf9044this is a very nice 27 gram piece it is a very nice mans pendant although it looks very nice on a lady , But it is hard not to stare at it

Dunolly Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunolly Sovereign Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:48 pm

jewelery nuggets 05410This is a very unusual nugget I have just finished for a client it is quite crystaline looking but it has come from and ancient seabed alluvials, (N.S.W) area I am led to believe, I have made it with a solid single bail loop so it can be worn to show the back and front of the nugget it looks quite different 13 grams weight.

Dunolly Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunolly Sovereign Thu 15 Nov 2012, 12:57 pm

jewelery nuggets Fish_g10 Back to a couple of big boys , top nugget is 25 grams, bottom nugget 28 grams , the jumps and rings I hand make as both of these nugget are a bit weighty they go onto a thicker stronger Pendant chains to wear they certainly are quite unique.

Dunolly Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunolly Sovereign Thu 15 Nov 2012, 1:04 pm

jewelery nuggets Fish_g11Smaller pendants range from ordinary looking nuggets to extremely beautiful ones, beauty is in the eye of the beholder uniqueness is what we are after ,I really enjoy seeing a piece of hard one gold all dirty and stained turn into something so wonderful.

Dunolly Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by groundrush Sun 23 Dec 2012, 6:45 pm

8.6 gram teardrop nugget, found WA 2009, best jewellery piece I've ever found. Turned into pendant for the good lady's 33rd Wedding Anniversary.

jewelery nuggets Img_0910
groundrush
groundrush

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sun 23 Dec 2012, 7:02 pm

great stuff, some very nice pieces of jewlery, hope to add some myself soon, cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by groundrush Sun 23 Dec 2012, 7:46 pm

Stu.This is a freak find . The reverse side has a raised wishbone feature , will post a pic when teco savy son in law is here next.Very Happy
groundrush
groundrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum