Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Far From the Source

Go down

Far From the Source Empty Far From the Source

Post by Rege-PA Thu 01 Nov 2012, 8:25 am

:shock:Watched some interesting youtube vids called the art of gold mining, 9 episodes, where a mining geologist documents some interesting finds. States that gold can be weathered and rounded about a meter from the reef, so apparently it is the time that is the factor. Gold that eventually weathers out will be sharp and jagged but pieces that have weathered out maybe several hundred thousand years earlier will tend to be smoother because of the soil eroding and passing over it, as the heavier gold tends to move slower. :study: Our only problem is understanding time and how long it actually takes to accomplish this. So jagged and smooth gold can be found in close proximity to each other. cheers

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Far From the Source Empty Re: Far From the Source

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 11:34 am

They are very informative videos i agree Rege Very Happy
The only thing that throws a spanner in the works is when a large lump of the host rock breaks away and moves hundreds of feet before crumbling up and releasing a sharp bit of gold miles from the source.
The chap is spot on in one of his videos where he talks about Brecciated shears, i got 38 nuggets on just the same Geo last week by tracking and following the Brecciated Shistose shear Twisted Evil

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Thu 01 Nov 2012, 12:03 pm

:study: Brecciated Shistose shear, Thanks Pete, I`ll remember those words forever scratch Sounds like something one might step in behind the caravan, but I`ll be on the look out for one.

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down