Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hate carrying a baulky video around? Still want HD vid? Then check this out.

3 posters

Go down

Hate carrying a baulky video around? Still want HD vid? Then check this out. Empty Hate carrying a baulky video around? Still want HD vid? Then check this out.

Post by Panther Tue 30 Oct 2012, 4:16 pm

It is hard to believe this is a HD vidcam but it is. It weighs nothing and looks like / is a keyring fob.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/808HD-11-KeyChain-Lens-Camera-Clear-video-H-264-720P-/160595298170?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item256439c77a

I am ordering one as I already have its' baby brother and am very impressed with it considering what it cost.
The one I have is 720x 480 and you can get up real close to stuff with it. It was $19.95 from a dealer in Brisbane. Yeah I know they are cheaper on ebay but you have to be careful as there are several different copies of the 808. This is where I got mine. http://www.personalsecuritycompany.com.au/products/spy-video-mini-camera. You must order a mem. card with it as they don't have one built in. Another $6.95 for 4GB card. Very tiny so don't sneeze or you will lose it. Why did I get one? I am going to put it on my R/C Plane and fly around the goldfields looking for winners......
Hate carrying a baulky video around? Still want HD vid? Then check this out. Untitled_zpsfcd5d90e

Back to top Go down

Hate carrying a baulky video around? Still want HD vid? Then check this out. Empty Re: Hate carrying a baulky video around? Still want HD vid? Then check this out.

Post by nvchris Mon 05 Nov 2012, 11:14 pm

4Gb will last about 30 seconds shooting HD video.

nvchris
nvchris

Back to top Go down

Hate carrying a baulky video around? Still want HD vid? Then check this out. Empty Re: Hate carrying a baulky video around? Still want HD vid? Then check this out.

Post by Panther Tue 06 Nov 2012, 4:44 am

Yes the camera was falsely presented as a HD cam and I have complained to the seller who is following it up. However I have done a lot of research into this thing now and found that there are several manufacturers of the model #11, #16 and #18 but the only genuine one is the #16 and the manufacturer only sells on ebay. It is quite a story. I recieved an email from the genuine fellow yesterday. He is...
Peter Xie
Manager of Sales & Customer Service
eBay Store: eletoponline365
Cell Phone: +86-13480965961
There is a thread dedicated to these cams here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994
The manufacturer also accepts feedback and seems to be interested in doing his best to continually improve his product.
I have ordered a new 808 #16 V2 D lens cam and it will be here in a day or two. It is HD and I have a 32 Gb class 10 card coming for it. This cam has a view angle of about 120 degrees instead of 70.
Average shooting time on the battery is 40 min. It is easy to pop a spare mem card in the slot if you are out bush. There is a car charger available too or just charge it from your PC USB cable.
I am using my 808 #11 cam for aerial photography from my R/C glider and it is working well for that. I just velcro it to the wing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Tue 06 Nov 2012, 6:21 pm

Thats interesting panther, I have one of these fobs that isn't hd, cost about $5 on ebay.
Works ok, but hard to keep aimed. Wink
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Tue 06 Nov 2012, 7:01 pm

They have certainly made big advances with them Inhere.
If you read post #10 here you will see a fellow has written a program for the #16 model so you can very easily set up the cam however you want it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994
Also the firmware can be updated any time they introduce some new feature. So you aren't stuck with an outdated model.
Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum