Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra Special News Flash

3 posters

Go down

Extra Special News Flash Empty Extra Special News Flash

Post by Bignuggs Wed 17 Oct 2012, 7:54 pm

Well here we go. Just came on the news, the Swan Brewery is closing down and moving to South Australia. It doesn't really worry me coz I drink Tooheys New or Crownies (when they are on special).
But now I wonder how good old Emu Export (known as red death by some) will taste. I didn't mind it, it never sent me loopy.
And here's the b*llsh*t statement from LionNathans. Corona is now their biggest seller affraid
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Extra Special News Flash Empty Re: Extra Special News Flash

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:22 am

I'll worry when Nescafe goes belly up. Extra Special News Flash 3179412840

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 6:39 am

Corona is Chuwowa piss.....no wonder they add a slice of lime to cover up the smell Wink
A big night on that stuff and you wake up in the morning so thirsty, it like you`ve been gargling red dirt n ironstone before bed. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 8:05 am

Well said Gus cheers
Real men drink real Aussie beer not soda pop.

Extra Special News Flash Flickr-2974200874-original

Back to top Go down

Extra Special News Flash Empty re:extra special newsflash

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 3:06 pm

geez nugg's ya started something here,
i a'm a beer sl*t. drink just about any brand and or flavour off the neck oil.
i could beleive corona is the top seller,after all there just ain't to many pubs around that ain't full off yuppies and i would put crownies in the same catergry.and yes i've had a good go at both those before. never liked corona's but when they come free they taste ok and i acquired the taste for them. stella's another yuppie beer that's nice on tap but hay $13 a pint ya just can't drink it.i've had a crack at the japer brews and they ain't bad either and then the europian beers are drinkerable aswell.
but my vote goes on tap i just can't go past the old swan draught[mothers milk]. and out off the slab bloody anything aslong as it's icey cold.
oh and don't mind a good alcholic ginger beer hmmmm.
pete mate ya emu's are safe around me, last time i had a good go at export's the slid down nice but the next morning i wished i was dead.it took me 3days to get over that hangover.and that reminded me why as a young fella we used to call it gin's piss.
and god dammit all this thinking bout beer has made me thirsty
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 3:56 pm

Oh bloody hell Jase Razz now ya got me all thirsty too mate.
It's like those Quit smoking ads, ya just wanna light one up the minute ya see em lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 18 Oct 2012, 4:04 pm

Hey, crownies is a good drop. Ok it has a fancy gold label but, from a well known german drinker, they say it is damn close to german pilsener from their home town of Octoberfest.
One thing I won't drink is rubbish carlton mid strength, it reminds me of the smell of the camel races in Alice Springs Twisted Evil
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 4:13 pm

ha ha ha , when i went out detecting with pete that's what i took carlton mids and regretted it.pete thinks i'm a pansy coz i didn't drink much and that's why. the reason for taken them simple they were free and given to me the day b4 we left.and i thought it's been a while so i'll give them a go but yeah carlton mids are a no go, still got the leftovers in the fridge and that was what 5 weeks ago. 1 very small perk about being a tradie is ya get a handful or two free slabs a year, but only half the buggers actually ask what ya drink.

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Thu 18 Oct 2012, 4:44 pm

thats right jase, getting slab droped off by happy house owners is a perk but i once got a slab of lite ice, what the? i think there still unopened,that stuff is just about the crappyest est beer out there, give me the Tassie beers anytime kwdf cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 6:28 pm

ha ha that's funny stu,
lite ice. if ya want to show some appreciation surely ya gotta do better then the cheapest slab going,but most the poor buggers are diving into half million in debt by building, so i guess i should be appreciative and use those c/mids as blow in beers. for when ya mates comeover and run out off piss. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 6:53 pm

Not comin over your place for a beer now Jase lol!
And hey, you've redeemed your self up the Pig a few times now mate
so i have a new respect for your liver drunken Extra Special News Flash 3179412840

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Thu 18 Oct 2012, 7:13 pm

Got the shock of my life today affraid Heard on the radio that Emu Export & Swan Lager came out of the same tank wtf
Both the chemist & bottle labeller said it was the same beer just different labels wtf I'm sure I could taste the difference after 12 cans Extra Special News Flash 3179412840
Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 18 Oct 2012, 7:40 pm

Here's a bit of trivia for ya's.
Many moons ago back in my truck driving days, I used to do some work for the brewery. One of the jobs I did was pick up unused kegs from pubs. Kegs only had a life of 1 week. So all unused kegs were picked up, taken to the old brewery (the one which is now apartments for millionaires), and poured into an underground tank. The company chemist would come down from the old Emu brewery pour bucket loads of chemicals into it, it was rekegged and resold.
Canned beer only had a limited life span. if it wasn't turned over quick, the brewery would hire casual workers and lots of skip bins. full cartons would be put onto a press and punctured. I saw a lot of good beer wasted. And here's why.
For those who remember the Sundowner hotel on Stirling Highway, here's a story. I managed to get a good load of beer the night they closed down. Don't ask how coz I'll deny all knowledge Razz
Anyway, I was still drinking the stuff up to 6 months later. Only trouble was, when ya ripped the top of a can or stubby, it exploded a bit so ya only got half left. But it was the best tasting beer I've ever had.
Also, back in them days, they used Dicalite to filter the beer before it was kegged, canned or bottled. Dicalite was used to keep swimming pools clear.

Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Extra Special News Flash Empty re: extra special newsflash

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 8:00 pm

wow cliff that freaks me out a little, pump the old grog full off chemicals and keg it up again.
and yes remember the sundowner, 1st raunchy show i'd seen there. had a ball just turned 17 and was blind drunk. good memories ha ha.
zap same tank? wow that blows me away too. so i'm guessing the export got all the chemical's pumped into it to change the taste.thats way it hurts me brain everytime i sniff it.
redeemed myself pete? both those days could off got real messy mate if i didn't have the wifey breathing down me neck.she knows better then to leave me at the pub for more then a few hours. think she seen dribbling jase 1 to many times ha ha.
and don't stress mate ya still got 2 derths in me fridge mate, like i say there safe there. they might get ya to me front door. Razz
have a good weekend mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Thu 18 Oct 2012, 8:22 pm

Hey don't get me started on CHEMICALS you guys !
Any chance they are causing all the cancer around these days ? ?
Didn't know they stuck it in beer too Nuggs wtf Reckon it caused a few of my headaches too Jase scratch
5 people from where I worked died from cancer (including my wife) We sold chemicals. Sad Sad
I remember trying to teach the market gardeners how much to use & they would always
add a bit extra to " Kill alla da bugs" Pretty sad a lot of people dying from it imo.
Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Thu 18 Oct 2012, 8:26 pm

Hey at next years forum meet we could have prizes like slabs of beer for biggest nugget or smallest nugget, ive got a slab kicking around somewhere i can donate Extra Special News Flash 3179412840
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 5:28 pm

Carton for the least amount of teeth Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: