Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

filling in your holes

+4
yella stuff
rarebreed
araratgold
leinsterlad
8 posters

Go down

filling in your holes Empty filling in your holes

Post by leinsterlad Thu 30 Aug 2012, 6:48 pm

been getting around an area near home ,and there has been a few people there before me ,obviously they have done well in the area going bye the amount of diggings,unfortunately the majority of these hole have not been filled in wich is disapointing,filling in your holes 18610 if i had the time i would fill them all in but there is so many and its not up to me to do Evil or Very Mad
leinsterlad
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

filling in your holes Empty Re: filling in your holes

Post by araratgold Thu 30 Aug 2012, 6:54 pm

I would love to catch one of these pullers one day. Evil or Very Mad
They give us all a bad name and make it harder and harder to enjoy our hobby. Rolling Eyes
I was in one of our local forests near Ararat this week and found numerous unfilled holes in an area that I know has only rubbish ( no gold anywhere near it ). I filled them in so as not to gain the ire of those that would have us banned.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited by araratgold on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by leinsterlad Thu 30 Aug 2012, 7:00 pm

it is easier to fill it than dig it so i dont get why people leave it i fill in the ones that i find as i go ,i dont want to get blammed for it so i do what i can
leinsterlad
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug 2012, 7:44 pm

Agreed, its a pain in the ar*e when people dont do it , I know I left one unfilled which i totally forgot to do (was testing settings). Apart from that one time I allways full my holes. I takes 5 seconds for goodness sake!

sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:46 pm

Welcome to "Wankerville WA" in fact its the whole of Aus aint it ?

You blokes who do this just on keepin at it , WHY???
The old mates get ya patches sorted beter thzan you do hahaha

On the serious side - As said, harder to dig than re fill it aint it ??
sh*t i even swing with the old Jandle's on most time these days, as i love new ground thats smooth n sweet, and even in the the Jap safety boots its takes stuff all to fill the hole in.

I wont get nasty if i see the "non fillers" Maybe Maybe, hmmmmm
take ya chance, but i reckon i might get nasty.
Trouble is, we all need to be full on anal with our fellow cobbers out bush too, if the old mate forgets cause he's got a bewdy and accidently forgot to filler in just get on the walkie and tell him/her your shout ya sod cause i just did ya job mate. Razz

Evil or Very Mad then ya have the dog meat that needs a lead pellet up em

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebreed Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:29 am

don't know why people would want to give their spots away, Easy gold if you leave holes everywhere for people to see.

rarebreed

Back to top Go down

Post by leinsterlad Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:00 am

that is true rarebreed thats what gave this spot away,filled in a few more this morning .
leinsterlad
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

Post by yella stuff Fri 31 Aug 2012, 9:22 pm

Hope you find forgotten nuggets there leinsterlad, clean it dry b4 they come back.
How hard is it? not that hard......

yella stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by oldies1955 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:47 am

I know this may sound warped...but here goes...
Here in Arizona most of the detecting goes on in washes.
I would rather see some dig spots left open to let me know what kind of detector or the experience of the guy that got up it before me. Also that it may have been hit so I dont waste my time going up the wash.
In one area here I got a metiorite about 5 feet from a few dig holes. That acatually made me feel good as I outshot the other guys that hit the area. :)
I do kick the dirt back in when I am hitting ground outside of the washes.
Most of the time the rains fill all the digs in on the washes so your starting at ground zero.
But, I also see a lot of rabbit holes, packrat holes and javalina holes(they rip out the whole side of the wash)....and they aint filling thier holes! :)
Just my thoughts.
Tom H.

oldies1955

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 01 Sep 2012, 4:11 pm

Always fill ya holes no matter how deep they are unless you are a mining company. We make a small scrape in the ground and all hell breaks loose. It doesn't matter that someone can fall into an unused open pit and die but god help you, if your little D1 hand held pick leaves a little hole.
Back fill them anyway, we don't need to give the f**kin greenies at DEC more ammunition against us but, there is definitely 2 sets of rules.
Here's a few of the many holes that will never be backfilled. I'd like to see the size of the hand held pick that made these. and to make it worse, the shire tells me there's no yabbies in them.

filling in your holes Holes210

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:22 pm

sh*t sorry Cliff, i pulled a 380,000 oz nugget outta that hole and musta forgot to fill her in Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:28 pm

Hi Cliff , wheres that open cut , close to the wheatbelt i see , only guessin , sth golden grove maybe, always rubbernecking in the plane going here & there , doesnt look familiar. albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gasgoyne Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:50 pm

Old Frasers open pit at Southern Cross

Gasgoyne

Back to top Go down

Post by leinsterlad Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:05 pm

Look its not that hard, Im not a greenie or anything like that, but we all dont need a bad name because people cant follow the rules of prospecting. For example, the area I found the nuggets in was given away not only by the holes but the chain lines also, and the person before me had not long had a camp there, not only were the holes unfilled (whatever, no big deal, just supposed to be), but the there was rubbish everywhere, empty tins, milk cartons, drink bottles and chip packets. Obvious to anyone, it was a prospector, my point being, it just ads to it making us all look bad sometimes. This doesnt need to be a big debate, just stating the obvious, thats all, not passing judgement on you all, each to their own and best of luck to all :)
leinsterlad
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 11:38 pm

Done deal LL, exactly mate, or is it that simple cobber ???

LL THIS IS NO WAY AIMED AT YOU MATE, and your full on for bringing this topic up and onya for that mate Wink cheers
Mate good onya for at least fillin in a few of the holes you came across, Legend cheers

Most new chums on gettin the bug and first setting out out on this life, read, look and study up on gold, its properties
and the best ways to get your share, at some point they come across the age old problem of unfilled holes, they at 1st aske themselves " but the old fellas left holes all over the place, why should i care" they at 1st go out to detect and leave their own holes unfilled in their new greed to get gold rigardless, its only after a while that the LEARNIN starts to creap in, for some it takes a year, some its from thje get go, for some its never.

Its not a Victorian witch hunt here, we dont have DR Greenwank watching us as closely as the Eastern states do mate, or do we ????

But LL please mate, take heed from those that have been prospecting for many many rears in all the states of Aus, and have personally seen the damage not only to the land but our sovereign rights to roam and prospect for gold in the whole of Australia.

Put it like this, if you took all the dirt from the SP in Kal and just equated that out to a average 10" layer, how much of wa would you see that has unfilled holes in it ???
the greenies, and its not just them either, plenny of us folk dont wanna see this sh*t in our pristine bush either when we walk out in harmony on a perfect morning, keen to find gold and loving the bush for all its glory.
f##k me that was deep ay hahaha
but can yaz at least see what I'm on about ???
Chappel hill 1852, sth oz's richest ground - gone
whtchitella Vic - gone
Castlemaine - gone
NT f***ed over fully
QLD - same
WA next - You bet, if this keeps on.

DWAG members please care for our future out bush filling in your holes 1946659557 Aussie
take the minute to re fill ya holes, cover ya tracks and leave only footprints
and take it home in ya hearts.
This is the last bastion, the last frontier, feel good shittin on it do ya ???
Dont be an OXYGEN THIEF
Love your state, Love this hobby/wage payer/Life style

And above all - respect our country, its granduer and its majestic beauty.
REMEMBER- Shitheads breed sh*t kids.....

Pete - 40 yrs in this game whgirt kwdf filling in your holes 1946659557 filling in your holes 1946659557 filling in your holes 1946659557

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:21 am

It's good to have a rant and rave now and again and Pete likes to get it off his DD's eafgh or should I say he would like to get on some DD's from his gals at Leonora filling in your holes 3179412840
Listen up, all jokes aside, we have to protect ourselves. We have associations thru out Oz you can join that is doing all they can to keep us in the game.
The unfortunate thing is, anyone can buy or hire a detector and this is where the problem starts. So if you see a bare ar*e in the scrub doing the wrong thing, kick it and kick it hard.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 2:31 am

Right on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:30 am

My wife and I have been roaming all over the Golden triangle for years now and I've got to say that we don't see very many "fresh" unfilled holes. I say fresh because most of the ones we do see were dug years ago and are more like depressions now thanks to Mother Nature.
My theory is that the fresh unfilled holes we do see have been left like that by f#ckwits that didn't find any gold in it.
The folks who do find gold in a hole are more likely to backfill it out of a sense of gratitude.

Here's an unfilled hole just out of Dunolly that will never be filled in. I believe it was a working mine in the 1990's.
It's 20 metres off the main road to Maryborough

filling in your holes 01-2
filling in your holes DetectingAtDunolly001-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:23 pm

Rob is that the mine down at Cockatoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down