Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gold police , getting into trouble on an active lease

+2
toad
pilbarachad
6 posters

Go down

gold police , getting into trouble on an active lease Empty gold police , getting into trouble on an active lease

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

Hi,

Just to make the point im not suggesting pirating on active leases , what I am interested is to hear if anyone has had first hand experience with the "gold police" or if they know anyone getting kit taken of them or prosecuted for being on a lease without permission.

Back to top Go down

gold police , getting into trouble on an active lease Empty Re: gold police , getting into trouble on an active lease

Post by pilbarachad Thu 16 Aug 2012, 5:36 pm

Gday Burnsy,

Cant say i know of anyone ever getting done for illegal prospecting. But on that topic, i happened to be in the local police station a few days ago and noticed a large poster on the wall calling for people to dob in illegal prospecting activities. It was by far the largest and most prominent poster on the wall- with all the other problems here in hedland i thought other issues may have gotten more attention! May be its a part of a targeted campaign at the moment???
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

gold police , getting into trouble on an active lease Empty Re: gold police , getting into trouble on an active lease

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2012, 5:38 pm

could well be , you hear lots of stories in the wind but I personally dont know anyone who has got in trouble , seems strange as im sure lease holders would want to protect their lease!

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Thu 16 Aug 2012, 8:08 pm

I don't believe Police have any power to take "kit" off a person for illegal prospecting. It would have to be a legislated power.

I imagine they could take a detector for the purpose of evidence but once they photographed it they would have to return it.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2012, 10:12 pm

just some of the things your hear when your out in the caravan parks lol ,

sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2012, 11:09 pm

If you see a Hyundia Getz come into your camp with a red flashing light on the roof it's time to hand the gold over baby fghghg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2012, 11:55 pm

Rumors spread by lease holders i would expect to keep the Grey's of their tenements.
But believe me the Gold Squad is very actively seeking out lease jumpers and gold theft in WA.
Last season i heard they caught a crew doin some night work on a lease up Meeka, the crew were running heavy scrapin gear and had all their possessions used in committing the crime confiscated and prosecuted.

Info about the "GSDU" http://www.police.wa.gov.au/Crime/Goldstealing/GoldStealingDetection/tabid/1583/Default.aspx

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/business/a/-/news/11255442/pirate-prospecting-on-the-rise/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 8:49 am

Gday Burnsy,
Mate,I did hear a story about a bloke who got caught by the GP, trespassing on an active lease a few years back. They reckoned he had 4 kilos of Gold in his Backpack,and lost the lot along with his detector and 4wd.
I t could be like a fishing story mate,where the fish gets bigger with each telling of the tale Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 12:09 pm

yeah i bet , I can understand them hitting up people which are using machinery to effectively mine someone's lease , that makes scene , just never head what sounds like a genuine story or a chap with a detector getting locked up !

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Fri 17 Aug 2012, 4:57 pm

Gringo wrote:If you see a Hyundia Getz come into your camp with a red flashing light on the roof it's time to hand the gold over baby fghghg

Or a dirty black Honda Accord with an old fart driving it Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 17 Aug 2012, 8:16 pm

I can't swear on this but I have seen something somewhere that says, equipment can be confiscated plus a good sized fine.
I think it might only apply to the idiots who get out with machines or scraping gear. I'll keep looking but I've never heard of anyone having their detector taken from them.
Usually, if caught, ya just told to get off the lease and quick.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Fri 17 Aug 2012, 10:13 pm

I was told of a well known prospectors brother, who got accused of detecting on someones lease a few years ago and they took everything, vehicles, the lot, including a heap of gold he had where he was living.

............and they ended up having to give it all back!..........but he and his wife
were doing it very hard for the 2 years the court case was going on.

From what I hear, the police acted on hearsay..........and it was bullsh*t.
Someone with a grudge!
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:18 pm

When its so easy to get a 20a or permission why would ya bother sneaking around like an ALP member, looking over ya shoulder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Sat 18 Aug 2012, 1:18 pm

Hi Everyone
I believe they can fine you up to $10.000per day and convinscate all your gold,weather you found it on the lease or not,its then up to you to prove that you didnt.
Not sure about them takeing your gear.

Cheers Jon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum