Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rubbish

3 posters

Go down

rubbish Empty rubbish

Post by leinsterlad Tue 07 Aug 2012, 6:54 pm

well been out three times for a few hours around wilsons patch vasinity and agnew ,since i got my detector this week off work ,no luck yet but a fair bit off rubish ,would like to know what people do with there bullits and small bits off rubish when found,i have been taking it with me and discarding it when i get home ,saves others digging it up,just a interesting question for me Very Happy
leinsterlad
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

rubbish Empty Re: rubbish

Post by Bignuggs Tue 07 Aug 2012, 7:56 pm

I usually take old cartridges and bullets or any interesting piece I find but when it comes to old tin cans or general rubbish, I leave it.
Ya can't clean up the whole patch.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:27 pm

Hello Leinsterlad,
I pocket anything non ferrous but flakes of rust & any bigger pieces I place out of the way like up a tree or pile it up somewhere I already detected. Wink Can't stand it when people throw their 22 bullet back in the hole rubbish 729094268 One thing you must have is a Supermagnet on your Pick this will save you a lot of headaches.. I have 2 on my pick 1 on the handle & 1 on the spade
At the end of the day while having a beer I assess the nonferrous finds & dream they were nuggets rubbish 4066623196

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:27 pm

i chuck the trash in the fire back at camp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2012, 12:13 pm

Gday Leinsterlad,
Trash can be your mate sometimes. Just think of how many other blokes have cracked the sh!ts and headed away from it before. If you find a nugget close to a stack of surface junk,its worth spending a few hrs cleaning everything visable up off say a 20 x 20 mtr square,then detect it.
Dont muck about,get those targets out,use a magnet....whatever. Just go into overdrive and get as many as you can.
Dont know how many times I have heard stories about people finding 10oz + Nuggs shallow under an old steel can or chunk of Tin.
A few times I have walked into trashy spots,got a few overloads,and though fark this and bailed. Curiosity got the better of me and once I had picked up the crap,scored a stack of little nuggs for my effort.
As all the Virgin patches get slowly cleaned up in WA,one thing you can bet your Mother-in-law on is there will still be nuggets left in the junky areas for years to come.

Back to top Go down

Post by leinsterlad Wed 08 Aug 2012, 1:57 pm

that is true i guess its just being in the mood to persevere with it at the time to get whatever is hiding amongst the trash,i know of places that i would like to go over if my mood is good
leinsterlad
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 08 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

I've been to areas where you find nice neat little piles of old rubbish. Someone has gone to all the trouble of spending a few hours "Cleaning", maybe Sadie was there rubbish 3179412840

I don't want to waste time doing that, so as I walk I kick it behind me. But here's a suggestion, take a Greenie with ya but make sure you keep her on a leash and the choker collar is tight and they love a clean bush Suspect Razz
There's too much old rubbish out there and I'm not a cleaning lady Evil or Very Mad
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:02 pm

i always take the rubbish home as you may wont to go back to that area later on..
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold Fri 10 Aug 2012, 8:57 am

stoppsy wrote:i always take the rubbish home as you may wont to go back to that area later on..
cheers
stoppsy
I'm with Stoppsy,

I always take the rubbish home, because when the next Minelab comes out, sure as sh*t you are going to want to have another crack at the place, and you don't want to have to refind the rubbish all over again !

Cheers,
Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2012, 11:04 am

agreed , rubbish gets pocketed , saves me walking over the sam crap again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2012, 2:50 pm

Nice to see you guys pick up every little piece of rusty tin, boot tacks, nails and god knows what else out there and take it home with ya wtf cheers
Well done girls flower I'm heading out Laverton way shortly, hope yas cleaned it up for me cheers
Don't forget to take ya mop and bucket and the vacuum cleaner next time rubbish 3179412840
give me a break, who ya's think ya kiddin. you take ya own rubbish home, theres a lot of crap out there fellas, i wont be loadin muy trailer with rubbish thats been dumpd everywhere over the last 100 years Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

rubbish Empty rubbish

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2012, 3:34 pm

just got home with a jar off rubbish bullets casings,pieces off bullets, lots off camp pie lids,cans pices off tin and wire even half a staple 8inchs down.prob more but just had 7hour drive and alot off beers last night kwdf

no gold

jase

Back to top Go down

Post by leinsterlad Fri 10 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

some funny people on here lol! i dont take everything home just the odd bullets all metal junk goes in a rubbish pile,never know when you are going to retry the spot with another detecter or whatever
leinsterlad
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold Fri 10 Aug 2012, 3:58 pm

Gidday Doofus,

You have mis-interpreted what we are getting at.
We don't go around picking up rubbish from yesteryear, we just take home what we dig up ! ( Unless of course we are cleaning up a small area to detect per CrustyGus's suggestion )
Saves some other bugger having to dig it again later !

PS Where the bloody hell is Nunya ?? LOL
Or is that Nunya business ??!!

Cheers,
Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2012, 4:33 pm

Hey Doofus Razz

I saw ya mate Fatguts out bush last year, he was spreading dung balls all over the place and muttering "Bloody Doofus this'll teach him" lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2012, 4:38 pm

Misinterpretation is open to interpretation and I don't think I misinterpreted at all but thats a discussion for another day.
if ya takin home wat you dig up like rusty nails, boot tacks, bits of rusty tin, wire, lead and spent cartridges well its yur choice and thats fine with me.
if ya want to waste detectin time cleaning up an area, its ur choice and thats fine also and I got no problem with that.
but i wont spend 10 or so hours drivin to an area and then waste my time cleaning. and thats my choice.
happy hunting cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum