Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West to East

2 posters

Go down

West to East  Empty West to East

Post by 360 deros Wed 11 Jul 2012, 12:13 pm

G'day all!

Team dero here, leavin the wonderful west over to "t'otherside...

In Norseman at the moment heading to Canberra.

Was wondering if any of you knowledgeable fellows could advise us on places to go for a swing on our way across and what may be required such as permits etc. Maybe some producing areas ( not x marks), rules and regulations, doe's and don't s, that sort of thing.

We will be following the A1 along the bite then crossing the S.A - N.S.W border at Renmark along the Hay plains then through Wagga Wagga or possibly Temora depending if there's some yella to be picked up.

I know its a W.A forum, but we've got some great info off here and I thought a few of you might have traveled the same roads we are about to and could save us alot of the guess work...

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Cheerz,

360's clown clown

360 deros

Back to top Go down

West to East  Empty Re: West to East

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:19 pm

Cant help ya with info, but could ya do us a favour and give that mob in Canberra a boot up the ar*e from the WA folks Razz

Have a safe and fun trip guys.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Shivan Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:13 am

I could recomend a few spots for sluicing/highbanking but am still trying to find decent ground for detecting. Bathurst/Orange and Mogo may be a couple of places to check out.
No miners rights in East WA, the only permit needed is if going into state forest.
Wish i could be more help but still trying to figure this out myself Cool
Shivan
Shivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 5:16 pm

You need a miners right in Vic and a whole lotta luck.
Sth Aus detecting and panning/sluicing is exempt from the mining act and deemed as fossicking.
East WA pfffffff its stuffed, same in East WA .

wtf hahaha every eastern state comes up as east WA :rolf:

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by 360 deros Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:15 pm

Thanks Gents,

Thats a start! Very Happy.

Me and my bro are trying to figure out if it is possible to find Alluvial/Elluvial gold around gold "ore" shafts/mines/areas? Or should I re-post this question in the forum

The other query was, is there a program like "Tengraph" for the eastern states, or a way of finding out the tenamants and who runs/owns the land, so we can contact them for the possibility of fossicking etc on there land?

+ Heading out for one last swing in the west around Norseman tomorrow, any hot tips were the giant nuggets are hidden??/or even just a little bit of yella that might be left laying around for a couple of GP Extremists. Laughing clown clown

Cheers again.

Team Dero clown clown kwdf

360 deros

Back to top Go down

Post by Shivan Fri 13 Jul 2012, 8:37 am

The other query was, is there a program like "Tengraph" for the eastern states, or a way of finding out the tenamants and who runs/owns the land, so we can contact them for the possibility of fossicking etc on there land?
The closest we have in East WA would be TASMAP i think http://www.minerals.East WA.gov.au/tasmap/jsp/Viewer.jsp?cmd=login

DIGS is another handy site for checking reports on areas http://digsopen.minerals.East WA.gov.au/#null
Shivan
Shivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down