Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detecting national parks in Victoria

4 posters

Go down

Detecting national parks in Victoria Empty Detecting national parks in Victoria

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:26 pm

I heard on the radio comming home tonight that our government has agreed with negotions of the PMAV to open up some of the national parks for prospectors. Shocked cheers

I can't find anything on the internet as yet, but i am sure this is going to be hot topic for awhile

Back to top Go down

Detecting national parks in Victoria Empty Re: Detecting national parks in Victoria

Post by Someday Wed 20 Jun 2012, 4:46 pm

Will be interesting to find out which NPk's are to be opened up! Here in the north east, the place is so overgrown and tracks almost non existent!

Might be time to buy a dirt bike affraid drunken pirat cheers

Without a doubt it will be the best thing since sliced bread for the small towns that surround these hot spots.

I'm sure Pete will come up with a News Flash! Like "Crazy man on dirt bike loses his gold whilst tryen to get to the pub before it closes Razz

Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Detecting national parks in Victoria Empty Re: Detecting national parks in Victoria

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

Bet its not any of the good box iron bark areas with gold.
would be great for you guys if it is good dirt.

pete

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Mon 10 Jun 2013, 1:59 pm

GOLD PROSPECTING IN VICTORIA - HELP

Hi Guys,

Well we made it to Victoria via the Great Central Road and what an experience, great.

We are intending to go gold prospecting for a week of two whilst in Victoria as didn't want to leave and not have a go.

It seems that Bendigo and Ballarat are the places to visit. We will obtain Victorian Miner's Rights but can anybody help and advise us where to start in Ballarat or Bendigo and in what direction.

Appreciate any advice.

Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Mon 10 Jun 2013, 8:41 pm

Hi Bob,

I can't offer any help to your question but can you tell me what the corrugations were like on the Great Central Road. I am planning on doing this trip in a large motorhome towing a large enclosed trailer later in the year but am concerned about just how rough it is.

regards
Craig

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 7:28 am

G'day Bob,

Go visit Dave Watters and staff at Bendigo Gold. they are right at the entrance to the Whipstick area of Bendigo.
It's one of the easiest and best goldfields to detect in the Triangle.

Robert

BendigoGold
109 Watson Street
White Hills, Victoria 3550
Phone: 03 5448 4140
info@bendigogold.com.au
www.bendigogold.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Tue 11 Jun 2013, 9:09 am

Or you try the guys over at coiltec in Maryborough, they are very helpful and Maryborough is a top place to have a swing, dunolly also has a great prospecting shop called Goldsearch which is in the middle of the triangle cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Tue 11 Jun 2013, 5:45 pm

Thanks all,

Will investigate and resport any finding. Many thanks once again, invaluable help. Just thought we could not leave Victoria without having a go.

Re: Great Central Road - with a motorhome and a car behind, it is 1200klms, the good parts are very good, the bad parts of very bad. I think long an hard before you take that route with a motorhome as our Trakmaster is an off-road caravan with airbags which I believe helped enormously.

It is not a difficult route to take, if you have the right vehicle.

Our friends who travelled with us, had a Roadstar Offroad caravan which didn't fair too well; cans of beer, soft drinks and eggs in the fridge all bloated with the shaking and burst, dust encountered in the van and they felt every ripple on the road.

Basically, we found it ok and enjoyed the trip. We have done the Tanami, Gibb River and the Oodnadatta and found the Great Central was the easiest of them all. I presume, it comes down to what type of caravan and vehicle you are using.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Bob

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum