Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new coin spot found

Go down

new coin spot found Empty new coin spot found

Post by Jack Thu 10 May 2012, 5:43 pm

Took the Garrett AT Gold with 11 inch dd coil on it for a coin hunt today.
Talk about hitting the jackpot, i been looking to visit this town since August last year, finally got out their today. Was a bit of a head spin to start off with. I expected to find a nature reserve with no remains of the original town. That is how it normally is for me here, but this town which existed in some form from 1850s (one pioneer house) to becoming a village of a two dozen homes by 1900 to vanishing in the great depression, other than a wheat bin which closed by 1970.
So first thing i found was a intact horse trough,
new coin spot found DSC04202-1

and what is a horse watering hole without a horse shoe
new coin spot found DSC04207

Their was a lot of buckles and iron relics the further i ventured, so i knew i had found the blacksmith. Then headed over the rail line, seems out here in my area of wheatbelt at least, that on one side of a rail line is the wheat bin and associated workings and on other side of line is residential, shops and schools.
Well other side of railway is a silver paradise, had only 20 minutes till i had to head home but 3 silvers in 20 minutes is great. So heading back in a few days for a full day search.

new coin spot found DSC04123
1905 threepence from England
1918 threepence from Australia
1910 Sixpence from Australia
Will post a video once i done the return trip their, got todays on video but want to make a complete video of the place
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

new coin spot found Empty Re: new coin spot found

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 6:07 pm

Well done on the new area Jack, looks like a massive h/shoe, clydesdale maybe ??

Pete

Back to top Go down

new coin spot found Empty big horse

Post by Jack Thu 10 May 2012, 7:21 pm

on the video, which is been held back till the site is hunted out. on the video just near about a foot away from horseshoe is a chain belt about 15 cm long. Thought like a really large chain you might get on a bike or timing belt but is old rusted iron, so maybe a harness or something from the horse. is the joy of detecting, a find can give you another mystery to solve or ponder
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

new coin spot found Empty Re: new coin spot found

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down