Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A week in the bush.

4 posters

Go down

A week in the bush. Empty A week in the bush.

Post by rarebreed Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:37 am

Hey Crew,
Just got back from Leinster, the weather was pretty nice, got a little hot during the middle of the days but was tolerable.
Anyways, we arrived into Sandstone in the late afternoon, stayed at the outback, partly because i was to lazy to pull the tent out Razz

Went over to the pub and had a feed and retired, got up early and headed off to Leinster, Got into Leinster pretty early and had some breakfast and waited for my old man and father in-law to arrive, they were late in heading off out of Perth as the trip was very short notice due to my (Work commitments)
They rocked up at 11am and we headed off to the spot.

Arrived to the spot and setup camp and i was off, in the first 30 minutes i picked up a nice 7grammer and a half grammer from my patch. i continued to work this area, for the following 4 days.
My father in the mean time had picked up only 2 bits (one being from the area i was working) and i was already well into 15 grams. My father in-law had found about a kilo of horse shoes and leads and no gold.

The 5th day saw a change in the air for the old man, picking up a nice 4gram and a 1.5gram bit out of gutter flat, he started working up the gutter getting into an old river flood plane and then started picking up bits and bobs all over the place. By this time I had almost exhausted my spot and headed back to the camp.

Getting back to camp we had a weigh in and nugget count, We went for a walk and dad showed his new spot.
By this time it was getting dark and i decided I'd do a spot of night detecting i managed to pick up a little .2 and then headed over to dads spot, walking right through the middle of his patch i get a loud signal.

thinking to myself i was onto a bit of metal or a big bullet, i scrap the top and use my magnet on the end of the pick to rummage through the little rocks, go over the top WOOO ROOO signal still there, got down onto my knees searching the ground with my head light and i see the glimmer of gold.

Still stuck in the red dirt i pluck it out it's a really nice piece i figured it was probably 8 grams, I turn off my detector and head back to camp. Everyone is around the campfire and i walk over to dad and say, i think you dropped this mate, and dropped it into his hand.

"Nice one johno" I said, Yer but it's yours mate, i found it walking through your patch Razz
We did a few more night runs and roaming around the area, picking up bits and pieces, My wife and I decided to head off back home yesterday whilst my dad and In-law decided to move onto a new spot for a few more days.

All in all it was a great trip, they are always to short, can hardly wait to go out again :)

Cheers
Photos

Sunset out of Sandstone

A week in the bush. Th_gold555

A week in the bush. Th_gold222

Camp Spot
A week in the bush. Th_gold666

Gold
A week in the bush. Th_gold111

A week in the bush. Th_gold333

This bit i missed from an old patch i went over, I pinged it with a 17" ellip Nugget finder, It's by far the smallest piece i have ever detected.

A week in the bush. Th_gold444

Cheers guys.

rarebreed

Back to top Go down

A week in the bush. Empty Re: A week in the bush.

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:55 am

great story mate.
nice photos as well
always wets the appetite

regards
oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:02 am

Way to go Johnno Very Happy

Great post and some lovely gold to mate.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:31 am

Good stuff mate, sounded like an awesome week out!
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebreed Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:15 pm

Cheers guys.
Yer was fantastic to get out and about.

Also Suz, I know you would have loved to have made it out with us, So i thought i would bring you something back.
I can't be sure but i think this is a piece of sandalwood, I'm sure it would make a nice snake or maybe a lizard, It has this wonderful sweet smell to it, almost like incense mixed with soupy smell.

Let me know when you are free and you can come pick it up if you want it :)

A week in the bush. Th_2012-04-15120558

Cheers

rarebreed

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm

Great post mate sounds like ya had a ball.The photos are tops as well,nice sunsets,good campfire and being in the bush on the gold how can ya beat it.Goodstuff rarebreed :zd;poghjw:

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:27 pm

rarebreed wrote:Cheers guys.
Yer was fantastic to get out and about.

Also Suz, I know you would have loved to have made it out with us, So i thought i would bring you something back.
I can't be sure but i think this is a piece of sandalwood, I'm sure it would make a nice snake or maybe a lizard, It has this wonderful sweet smell to it, almost like incense mixed with soupy smell.

Let me know when you are free and you can come pick it up if you want it :)

A week in the bush. Th_2012-04-15120558

Cheers

Hey johno, thanx for thinking of me. Would love the wood, looks like a great shape to work with and sandalwood comes up really nice with a bit of shaping, a few grades of sandpaper and some TLC. Great to see you all had a fruitful trip, hope Steve scores big (are you going halves like normal? hehehe)...wish I was there with you, our trip was a bit of a trainwreck, but met Gypsy, fantastic lady, so not all bad. My newbie friends found a 13.5 grammer on the first day out, which was fantastic for them, they were looking to find some for their engagement ring. It was such a nice shape, they don't want to melt it down though, so reckon they have to get out and find more now so they won't have to.... Cool ...Suz

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebreed Sat 28 Apr 2012, 11:50 pm

This is what the old man picked up, the bigger bit in the middle is the piece I found but gave back to him, Thought it was only fair seeing as i was walking through the middle of his patch Razz

A week in the bush. 582040_10150674094037539_693987538_9104112_437012403_n

rarebreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:00 am

good post mate , enjoyed reading that

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Sun 29 Apr 2012, 10:04 am

nice one good when a plan comes together. cheers
10 days till i head bush again cant wait :bounce: :bounce:

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012, 11:53 am

Hey Rare

Thanks are in order to ya Dad for him sharing his finds with us mate, good nuggies too.

Very Happy So correct me if i'm wrong - You walked across his patch n snagged that big one ay Shocked hmmmm

I'm think i'll find a patch n set me self up under a gidgee tree with lweg and let ya walk across that patch
oh maybe 200 times while i watch on Razz you drop the nuggies in me hand and i'll give ya a Tinnie and
a BBQ snag on bread every 10th lap of the patch Razz Razz :rolf:

Flying kiwi wrote:nice one good when a plan comes together. cheers
10 days till i head bush again cant wait :bounce: :bounce:

4 days here Tom, man ya gotta love the build up to a trip ay eafgh lwkgthgt

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebreed Sun 29 Apr 2012, 5:46 pm

Sounds like a plan Pete Razz

rarebreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum