Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salt Lakes- Any Restrictions?

2 posters

Go down

Salt Lakes- Any Restrictions? Empty Salt Lakes- Any Restrictions?

Post by Yibidavid Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:42 pm

Hello WA members, I was wondering if detecting on salt lakes are there any certain rules. I.E Can someone have a lease on part of it or are they the few places were there are no restrictions? Question 2- Can we detect on the sides of roads without any hassles? Need to know before I come over later in the year. David- Brizvegas :?:
Yibidavid
Yibidavid

Back to top Go down

Salt Lakes- Any Restrictions? Empty Re: Salt Lakes- Any Restrictions?

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:57 pm

Sheesh! There's a naive newbie for ya! There's a million answers required for this and maybe about a fours days typing to explain The WA Mining Act. Any takers??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 5:30 pm

David

In a Nutshell, in WA a lease can be taken out on any land regardless of type "ie"salt lake,hill,salt flat, as long as
there is no prior registered concern from any other lease holders of any same type lease for the area.

There is no need to even try prospect on road sides, there is enough Pending and (open) ground available to holders of
a WA miners rights to satisfy 10 million blokes for life.

A WA Miners Right gives you the right to prospect on all crown land and pastoral leases in WA, and in WA Crown land and pastoral leases are deemed the same for mining purposes, this means
all stations and basically all gold bearing ground in WA, keeping in mind prior granted active leases need
written permission from the current holder, or in the case of exploration leases Written permission or a
section 20A permit for that EL.

Have a look at this link to see the land types available for prospecting in WA, inc roads, which dont come under
land types available to prospect..

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/10883.aspx

If you really love reading and have 10.000 years left inya here's the link to the WA mining act 1978 current
to download in PDF version.

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/main_mrtitle_604_homepage.html

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 15 Mar 2012, 7:59 pm

Caterpillar wrote:Sheesh! There's a naive newbie for ya! There's a million answers required for this and maybe about a fours days typing to explain The WA Mining Act. Any takers??

There are a lot of newbies in this game and this kind of comment is not warranted nor is it helpful. I'm a great believer in the following,
"If you have nothing positive or constructive to say then don't say anything".

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 8:18 pm

I think if u are fair dinkum you should phone Dept of mines and Petroleum.
Have a list of questions ready to go..
pen and paper to write down a few contacts that they might give u and another relavent info..
Get a wa miners right first. about $30.and if ya mrs is detecting same for her--cover ya bases. To come over here blind will make u a very peed of individual.

Get hold of a copy of Gold & Ghosts WA version--black and blue copies--
were r u goin to?
I'm taking it that u have never been here befor due to the lack of info--

All the best

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 8:24 pm

Bignuggs wrote:
Caterpillar wrote:Sheesh! There's a naive newbie for ya! There's a million answers required for this and maybe about a fours days typing to explain The WA Mining Act. Any takers??

There are a lot of newbies in this game and this kind of comment is not warranted nor is it helpful. I'm a great believer in the following,
"If you have nothing positive or constructive to say then don't say anything".

Bignuggs,

No way was it meant to be offensive. Indeed, it was meant to be the exact opposite! I'm new on here as you know, but I do have 35 years experience as both an amateur and professional prospector in Western Australia. My reply was intended to encourage others to contribute before I put my 10 cents worth in. I did not want to be seen as a "johnny come lately, know it all". Bignuggs, I've won cases in the Warden's Court for people I haven't even met just by advising 'em over the 'net, I've helped one member of this forum from Karratha to win a case against the DMP in Karratha and Fox Minerals - from that win he gained access to ground where he picked up almost 100 of ounces of gold, he knows who he is - I've pointed people to patches all over WA and they've always, without fail, found gold. I even let people detect on my leases occasionally! But after all that, after your comment, I'll take my knowledge elsewhere Bignuggs. With a bulldozer and seven mining leases of my own to see to, I don't need the hassle. It's been nice to have met some of you and renew an old friendship with one of them. Goodbye, CYA down the track.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 15 Mar 2012, 8:37 pm

This will be left unedited as a reminder to all, including me. No matter how experienced you may be, it is no excuse to make people feel inferior.
It's always unfortunate to lose someone with experience and knowledge but's that's life.

END OF STORY.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum