Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Earth Colours

3 posters

Go down

Google Earth Colours Empty Google Earth Colours

Post by Zap Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:15 pm

Ok probably another dumb question Embarassed but can you learn anything from the changing colours of the ground on Google Earth ? Does the ground change colour like the maps ? Interested in any theories. Gonna test it myself soon. :geek: Cheers, Zap.

eg. Attached map
Attachments
Google Earth Colours Attachment
Southern Cross Google Map.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(62 Kb) Downloaded 23 times
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Google Earth Colours Empty Re: Google Earth Colours

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:22 pm

sorry mate---i get peed of if i can't find white toilet paper--let alone change the color scheme on doodel

regards
oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:23 pm

I did try it, and found some nice looking ground but you have to match it with the geo maps. It might look good but if there is no gold history for the area it could be a waste of time. Then again, you just never know. Mind you, the earth I was lookin at did have a history of gold finds in the district.

It's called research and you will have to do a lot of it.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:30 pm

I'll expand on my theory a bit. I looked at the ground around the Fields Find area of WA using google earth. Where the mining areas where, it looked purple to me but when you check other known gold bearing areas, the colour changes.
Thats why you also need to cross reference with the geo maps and all known gold bearing areas. Thats my opinion and it's time consuming doing it.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Tue 13 Mar 2012, 8:49 pm

Cheers Bignuggs, maybe that's what i'll do. Compare the colours from a known gold mine and see if I can find the same colours without a friggin big hole in the middle. :)
Thanks Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:02 pm

The one thing you will see a lot of, where ever the old timers had there mines, just bloody great open pits now and a lot that are not being worked coz they are full of water (yabbie time). Thats not to say there's no gold left there in the area.
A lot are still under ML. That's the bit that annoys me. They dig it out and piss off. They won't relinquish the lease, they want to come back when the low grade ore will earn them a dollar.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:22 pm

Agree mate, if they're not workin it we should be allowed on for a swing. I'd be happy to bang in a peg or two so they knew where to dig next. Sort of remember a story where the owner (Anderson ? ) gave detectors a free rein if they marked their finds and that helped him identify the reef. Believe he made a shiteload !!
Cheers,
Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Wed 14 Mar 2012, 5:43 am

Zap.
So far I know bugger all about this detecting caper so prior to coming over there this year I am looking closely at google earth trying to recognise any tell tale features.
I have also noticed that change in colour in the region of an existing or old mine, but what I am finding interesting is plotting the slopes AWAY from old surface reef mines.
I have picked out a location where there is both ML's, P and open ground with some old mines in the vicinity.(from Tengraph)
Printed out that section of google earth then plotted contour lines by hand on the printed map by visual comparison to the heights on the screen map.
My map is showing some very interesting contours, areas of greater interest I have logged for gps locating.
So stuffed if I know, but will give it a try at least??
mike

boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum