Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best tip i ever had

+2
Alan WA
Narrawa
6 posters

Go down

best tip i ever had Empty best tip i ever had

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2012, 9:46 am

the best tip i have ever had is.... if you see ground that looks good get out and try it. i wish i tryed this spot i'm in now ages ago as i kept driving past looking and thinking i should try there oneday.. it's paid off now....
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

best tip i ever had Empty Re: best tip i ever had

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2012, 9:58 am

Best tip i got was to "Hurry up slowly & then slow down a bit more" Very Happy

Got that tip when i was 18 and an old operator saw me walk in a straight line swingin like a madman Razz

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:44 am

This was the best tip that anyone could have ever given me.....go into an area with the attitude your better than those before you.

I was green with the 3000 at the time.....sure id found gold with it before that tip was freely handed down.....but by gee's did it make a bludy difference afterwards.

Perfect example of where this tip proves itself...is to go back over ground you gave up on with your new attitude. How to further test it....FP your detector if using a GPX and rely on your state of mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan WA Thu 01 Mar 2012, 5:51 pm

Heres a tip.

Beep slowly through the 'bad' looking ground on
your way to the 'good' looking ground.

Many times Ive heard people say about a new patch
they've found..... 'and it was in the shiteiest looking ground!'

Alan WA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2012, 4:55 am

My best tip?

"It's no good going there mate. It's been flogged to death"

One bloke said that to my wife and I several years ago. 400+ nuggets later...

Thank you to all the people who have said that over the years.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2012, 6:11 am

Narrawa wrote:This was the best tip that anyone could have ever given me.....go into an area with the attitude your better than those before you.

Mate,that is the best Tip ever when it comes to the Eastern Goldfields. If you arrive at the spot thinking its Flogged out you might as well be at the Pub sinking piss.

Second best tip is to move all the fallen timber around the spot your working. I normally detect the sh!t out of one small patch,then take my detector off and stack all the timber on that spot.

Third best tip is if you get a big deep target and have been digging for close to an hr,just leave it for 20 mins and come back to it after you have had a Smoke and abit of a swing around the joint.

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:16 pm

Can't believe this tip hasn't been given yet. I'm quoting steve "madtuna" for this one. I have never forgot it and it has paid off multiple times... especially with the faintest of faint targets..

"DIG EVERYTHING. If your unsure if it's a ground noise, dig it... I would."

we all know how successful steve has been.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

best tip i ever had Empty Here's one

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 1:33 pm

When ever ya see those old piles of broken bottles in a large pile as if there was a shanty pub there, look for
the nearest claim to it, them blokes where the drunkest on the area and usually missed more gold than
they got due to being smashed....

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Sun 11 Mar 2012, 2:11 pm

Pete said.....
.........missed more gold than they got due to being smashed.......
But they also got heaps of gold to have the readies to get to to the water hole to get that way........

Logical conclusion..... they left plenty behind..... lets find the old shanty location and go from there.

What I like about this show, read between the lines, there's great info. aplenty. Wink
mike

boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 11 Mar 2012, 2:13 pm

I only got an old machine but my tip is,
"Turn the discrim off and dig everything". Might only be a bloody boot tack but ya just never know and it gets ya fit with all the digging, and it gets ya thirsty for the camp fire talks.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xxxxGold Sun 11 Mar 2012, 6:13 pm

Hi all you gold chasers!

Best tip someone gave me: "Tie your shoelaces together!" Obviously you don't have to do it literally. It only means that you have to take small steps wich will help you to slow down.

Good topic there Stopsy!

xxxxGold
xxxxGold
xxxxGold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:53 am

Crazy Pete wrote:When ever ya see those old piles of broken bottles in a large pile as if there was a shanty pub there, look for
the nearest claim to it, them blokes where the drunkest on the area and usually missed more gold than

So what's changed these days? :rolf:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:43 am

Crazy Pete wrote:When ever ya see those old piles of broken bottles in a large pile as if there was a shanty pub there, look for

Geez Pete, wouldn't most of those be yours? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum