Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom H from Arizona

2 posters

Go down

Tom H from Arizona Empty Tom H from Arizona

Post by oldies1955 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 4:53 pm

Hi:
Pete invited me to join the forum so here I am :)
My name is Tom H. and im in Arizona USA. Ive dredged a lot back in the 80s and got out of prospecting for about 25 yrs. My dad and I recently got back into it. Im using the 5000 and love it!
We have some good gold here in Az. I found a 3 oz. nug when I was dredging and in the past year have found a little over 4 oz.
Good Lord really blessed us as we are rookies at metal detecting but learn fast.
This is not typical though, were fortunate. Most nuggets here are sub grammers and 1-5 grams and are spotty in washes.
We dont get much water here so detecting and drywashing is the way to go.
Will be slowing down a bit from June to Sept as it gets too blazing hot to get out.
Dad and I have a blast going out and poking around in the hills.
So.......thats my intro. :)
Posted some pics of some of the gold, my dad and what a wash looks like here in AZ. (hope they come through as this is my first post)
Taker easy
Tom H.

Attachments
Tom H from Arizona Attachment
bignugwash.JPG nug as it popped outYou don't have permission to download attachments.(124 Kb) Downloaded 18 times
allnugs.JPG what I detected in one dayYou don't have permission to download attachments.(103 Kb) Downloaded 15 times
smallnugwashdriver.JPG typical sizeYou don't have permission to download attachments.(137 Kb) Downloaded 9 times
wash1.JPG typical arizona washYou don't have permission to download attachments.(154 Kb) Downloaded 13 times
popsmall.JPG Dad with the nuggetYou don't have permission to download attachments.(33 Kb) Downloaded 12 times

oldies1955

Back to top Go down

Tom H from Arizona Empty Re: Tom H from Arizona

Post by Inhere Tue 28 Feb 2012, 5:03 pm

Welcome Tom H from Arizona!

Nice gold, good ground and pop looks like a keeper. Wink
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 6:22 pm

Hi Tom

Welcome to the forum Mate, good to see you on here.
Say G'day to Pop for me will ya Very Happy

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:41 am

Well done Tom. I wish I could have gone out with my dad. He passed away over twenty years ago.
keep up the good work mate.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down