Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pick you Knowledge

4 posters

Go down

Pick you Knowledge Empty Pick you Knowledge

Post by madmax800 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 5:21 pm

I have been to WA 3 times detecting.

Once with the now Laverton Luck crew and twice by myself.

Last time I ended back near where I went with Laveton Luck crew.
Trip before wandered around Sandstone
Now, Its time to look around.

What I am asking is this.

How do I pick an area to travel to to detect for a month.
What I mean is do I look up Gold & Ghosts,
Read geo maps ( dont know how to )
ask for general spots.......???????????

If I was going fishing I would pick a river, or beach and jetty.

But walking over millions of square metres of soil without having a clue sounds like the wrong thing to do.

I do NOT WANT YOUR SPOT.
But can you suggest where do I start out.

Thanks all if you care to share your knowledge with me

madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Pick you Knowledge Empty Re: Pick you Knowledge

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 6:21 pm

Hi John

Its best to go through a sort of selection process by 1st choosing a Goldfield and for this post we'll just
make that The Murchison Goldfield.
Next thing is to define the gold bearing areas for the goldfield as the Murchison is very large, and
that can either be done by login onto the WA Tengraph site or by simply using G&G for the area
to outline the mining centers.
So lets choose the "Cue District" of the Murchison goldfield ay.
Then the next thing to do is to do the same as anywhere you prospect and thats to look at the out lying
areas rather than close to the main town in this case Cue, so lets say you go east of Cue onto the
"Tuckabianna area" and then its time to really zone in on the gold runs within that area.
So its now time to get on Tengraph - http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/3980.aspx or you can use
Geoview - http://mapserver.doir.wa.gov.au/GeoVIEW2/viewer.htm?Title=GeoVIEW.WA
to see the main mining area and also obtain company drilling and work reports.

In this way we narrow down an area until we get the blood boiling.
Next i personally go onto TROVE - http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper
and start lookin for any old reports of alluvial rushes or small rich isolated finds within that area,
use keywords searches like "Alluvial rush at" & "new rush at" etc, this gives a good idea as to the run
of the gold etc.

If your not up to speed on reading a Geo Map the best thing to do is make sure you have the map and
accompanying notes for the map and the maps can be downloaded from the tab on the top of every page,
or the map & notes to cover every WA Geo Map can be downloaded from here -
http://geodocs.doir.wa.gov.au/document/documentSearchCriteria.do?from=topNav&cabinetId=1101
This then gives you all the details on the minerals found within the chosen map, and gives you an understanding
of the geological make up of the area and which parts are no good for gold.

So at this stage we have zoned in on a specific area we want to prospect on, the next thing is to check
Tengraph for current lease status if any, if Pending over your area go for it no permission needed from the
lease holder until it goes live, if already live written permission is needed to prospect.

Lets assume now that so far so good and permission has been granted or a 20A has been taken out
for an EL covering your area, its now time to get excited and start packing the truck.
One other thing only needs to be done at this stage and thats a quick call to the stn owner who's
land the lease is on to advise of your coming and rough area you will be at, this is for curtesy and also
to make sure if Doggers may be shooting they stay away from you..

Sounds like a lot of pissin around but its well worth it to have a massive area of country open
to you with the chances of getting good heavy gold possible....

Phew! now i gotta take a sip and a breath. Razz Razz

Hope this helps not only you but many more members.

Pete Cool

BTW the Tuckabianna area is a goody and extends for many miles nth so plenty of ground and gold
to grab, JP has been spotted there last year so yeah Shocked she's ok.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 27 Feb 2012, 6:31 pm

Damn good question. G&G, is a good reference but the mining companies have beaten everyone to the spots but, there are still some areas you can search out but you will have to use Tengraph and look for pending ground or EL but it is updated daily so be on top of it. It's a never ending job checking it.
Geo maps, all I can say is, check out the following link and match it with the open cut mining on google earth and G&G and you will see where they have dug out the old mines and you will get an idea of the line. Check out the Southern Cross map, and you should see what I'm trying to get across.

There are still a lot of areas in WA where they haven't got to yet but, you can bet it's under a lease of some description.
My personal opinion, head back to the Laverton area.

http://www.geoscience.gov.au/bin/mapserv36?map=/public/http/www/geoportal/250/index.map&mode=browse&layer=map250&queryon=true

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 7:53 pm

wow, maybe I better cancell 2012 trip, Its going to take me years to work out what all that means.

I have been playing around all night with tengraph and am lost.

Thats guys, I will read what you have said again and agfain to try and work out what and where to detect.

Thanks

madmax800
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 7:55 pm

In Tengraph I see different colors.. Green means lease, Blue is pending.

Is that right.

I see different shades of blue so???
How do I tell if its pending or lease , 1 el i seen was blue but then I overlaid it to google and it was green

..I am lost
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:36 pm

Yeah madmax800, this Tengraph is all greek to me too.
Then you have (public) crown land that has been leased out for
cattle grazing or whatever and you pay to camp on it even with a 20A???

Got some friggin weird laws over there, no wonder old ma and pa
doing the around the block, can get in the shit if they have a bit of a bip. Rolling Eyes
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 2:27 am

I know it may sound a bit to much to grasp at 1st but the main thing to learn is the Tengraph System
online for lease info, here is a Tengraph for newbs file attached below.
Here is a link to a good friends website with a "Tengraph for learners" file, sign up and d/load it
as it will make all seem as easy as it really is.
Thanks Bill for allowing the link here mate.

http://www.gold-prospecting-wa.com/tengraph.html#Free%20Tengraph%20EBook

Have a look and play with the thing and if in any doubt call the WA mines dept and ask away, they are
not like the other states they actually help you to find gold in WA and are great to deal with.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Tue 28 Feb 2012, 6:34 am

Thanks Pete & Bignuggs from me also.
This will be a first detecting trip over there for us, and like a big hungry barra am swallowing all the info. I can get and hopefully digesting it.

Have a daily practice with Tengraph, only wish I could find out how to "drag" the map similar to Google earth.
I also found out how to overlay Google earth over the tenement map but then lost the system before I could note it down. More research!

My thinking is to document detail of where I would like to search then go to the first Mining Registra Office (say Coolgardie) we arrive at, search the tenement status and apply for section20a if applicable.
Does this make sense, or should I do this before we leave from the East?

No time constraints or rush, we like leaving a $ or 2 in your pubs/bottle shops.

Have also obtained much good info. from Bill & Udo's site, many thanks to them also.

mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum