Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dryblower

2 posters

Go down

Dryblower Empty Dryblower

Post by Flouro Sat 18 Dec 2021, 3:51 pm

Hi All,

Allthe best for the coming festive season, I'm thinkin of embarking on a new project....a dryblower

I've already made a constant air dryblower which is fed by shovel but i'm thinkin a bit bigger as i officially retire in about 15 months time (pensioned  off) i am thinkin a bit bigger will keep me occupied in my retirement

I've seen plenty of pictures of dryblowers ...belows and constant air but has anyone seen actual plans to build as i've just about finished my 6m ali plate boat and most of that was without plans and the olde brain box needs a rest ...so to work from plans and just do would be great for a change

I'm not sure if i should start from a bobcat sized operation or go big like Moneybox with his larger sized gear...you need proven ground to go big and i will be just starting out and need a bit of direction in that regard

I wouldn't pay for one already made but enjoy making things for myself as i have the time to pass and love the challenge

So!!! if anyone has seen plans or knows where they can be got let us know.......Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Dryblower Empty Re: Dryblower

Post by Flouro Tue 21 Dec 2021, 4:00 pm

Hi All,

Guess theres no rest for the wicked......i'll start with the base which has to fit on a trailer, either skids or wheels

Next would be the feed hopper which has to be wide enough to fit the bucket of loader and a mesh screen to filter out the bigger rocks...some divert the rocks away to keep the area clear for the loaders wheels...also needs to have an electric vibrator to help things clear

A small conveyor to carry away the dryblowing rubble which can be folded up for ease of mobility

The bottom of the hopper has to have an ability to adjust the flow rate of material that goes thru the riffles

A deflection plate which lessons the impact into the riffle area

Now...Constant Air or Bellows....Bellows would require a bit of timing to make things happen whereas constant air just requires air which can be adjusted to regulate flow rates....just need to know how much and at what volume

How many riffle plates are required would depend on the size of loader which in turn regulates the size of hopper which governs the amount of riffle boxes required to cover the widths

Electric vibrator or vibrators to help shake down the gold laden material in the riffle boxes which needto be adjustable to regulate flow rates

Suitable filter materials for riffle boxes and of course the riffle boxes and riffle configurations and chains to hang at angles which can be adjusted for flow rates

A diesel generator to run everything and a source of air for the air boxes

Thats most of it now to work it all out and build

Ron...and Merry Christmas!!!!

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 Wed 22 Dec 2021, 6:51 am

Hi Ron,
That is a lot of work ahead for you, I hope it all goes well and doesn't mess your head up too much.
Good luck with it and have a Merry Xmas.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Wed 22 Dec 2021, 11:11 am

Hi Homer08,

Messin with me head, its just that why keep reinventing the wheel, there must be hundreds of dryblowers out there and no-one seems to have plans....i guees it will keep me occupied for a while...reinventing the wheel

Anyways...all the best for the Merry season...Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down