Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX6000

5 posters

Go down

GPX6000  Empty GPX6000

Post by ronybaby49 Tue 22 Sep 2020, 7:40 pm

Hi all, I would like to know if anybody has any information on the format of the new minelab detecter. A few weeks ago there was talk of a
release date in october or november but that line of info seems to have dried up. I myself use a 5000 and am very happy with the way it
is performing . cheers ron.

ronybaby49

rustyhooks likes this post

Back to top Go down

GPX6000  Empty Re: GPX6000

Post by rustyhooks Sat 20 Mar 2021, 9:07 am

I use a GPZ 7000 and a GPX 5000 the wife uses a SDC2300 for the little bits etc, the 7000 is fairley new to me but after last years efforts by my mate on ground we had flogged on previous visits i was convinced to get one as the 5000 would not register a signal where as he was getting sub and 1-2 grammers at depth.

rustyhooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper Sat 20 Mar 2021, 2:38 pm

I guess really, that comes down to settings, coil and the learning process the mutt behind the butt go's through..... I have a mate with a 5000, 13 inch Evolution coil and settings on fine gold....

He finds more than his mate with the 7000....... As we all know its a Head F$@% learning curve to find Gold.... Settings type and size of coils in your arsenal as well as walking over that right spot.

Wether the 7000 hasn't gone over the right (or deeper) ground to prove it otherwise I don't really know but the 5000 does pick up those little sub grammers.... and the deeper bigger stuff.

I have gone over his chained ground with an SDC2300 and found smaller stuff (10X5 coiltek with a Vtek booster) but nothing that he would cry about. But as we all find, it takes time to learn these things.

About the 6000, the way I see it, It has a whoopie do screen that makes pictures and a GPS (correct me if I am wrong) Will any of its other features lead me to find more Gold....? Will it go deeper?

Is it a game changer on old patches that I can find more to help me pay for it?

How significant will be the change and will I find enough to pay the rich price they ask for the machine?

I guess we will all sit and wait for some one who is brave enough to get one and enter a proper review...

till then..... I'll still be swinging my little SDC..... I love it.
Viper
Viper

Moneybox and rustyhooks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:53 am

I like the idea of going all wireless but I was a bit surprised to see the external coil cable. I do like the protected cable on the SDC when pushing under spinifex and bushes.

Anyway we all have to wait until May to find out because it's been delayed again.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by stayyerAU Wed 14 Apr 2021, 3:25 am

Gday

If the coil cable on the gpx6000 were an internal one like the Sdc it would be a pain to interchange coils as there are 3 coil choices for it apparently, like the wireless feature but unsure if it has a standard headphone socket in case the wireless feature stops working, if it does while out bush game over.

cheers

stayyerAU

stayyerAU

Moneybox and rustyhooks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down