Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Shipping

4 posters

Go down

International Shipping Empty International Shipping

Post by Trinket Thu 21 May 2020, 1:39 pm

Hi everyone, does anyone know the best way to ship your gold internationally?
I just booked a UPS guy to come and collect a boxed nugget to deliver to the USA. This guy turned up and took the package but I just got a call from them and they dont ship gold. They reckon they're going to bring it back tomorrow and I have broken the terms and conditions and done $180.
Trinket
Trinket

Back to top Go down

International Shipping Empty Re: International Shipping

Post by Flouro Thu 21 May 2020, 1:52 pm

Hi Trinket,

I had some "Rock Specimens" sent to America a few years ago which evidently had some gold in it

As for sending gold nugg's not so sure

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinket Thu 21 May 2020, 3:34 pm

Thanks Ron,
I see its all in the labeling and description of goods. Its kinda stressful to book a guy online to take responsibility for your prized nuggets when theres so many fake websites and scammers around.
Trinket
Trinket

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold Thu 21 May 2020, 5:54 pm

I used to post nuggets and specimens overseas to mainly France, Germany and the USA, until I had a $300 nugget disappear when it hit the US.
Was labelled mineral specimen but I think the sorters have cottoned on to this ploy, and in combination with X ray machines they are an easy target for theft !

Cheers, Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sat 23 May 2020, 12:49 pm

We recently had a purchase from Scotland. I told them I would only send to and Australian address with somebody to sign on delivery. The next day he'd found a Darwin name and address so it all went off without a hitch.

For companies that don't ship from USA I use a company Hop-Shop-Go. I can have parcels from several locations sent to my HopShopGo address and they repack into one package and give me several freight options from the US to Australia. I'm sure these guys buying from Australia could use a similar service taking most of the risk off us.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinket Sat 23 May 2020, 2:55 pm

I went to send it via Australia Post and found that if you are sending goods valued over $2000 AU you need a export clearance number. To obtain this export clearance thingy seemed more difficult than reading a native title document and required a customs broker. I could send it valued at $1999 but thats all I can insure it for which becomes a risk.
Trinket
Trinket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down