Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motor bike tyres

4 posters

Go down

Motor bike tyres Empty Motor bike tyres

Post by salt-d Mon 05 Mar 2018, 6:50 pm

How much trouble do you get quietly poking about with tyres ( punctures) on motor bikes. Know a few blokes/gals use them for prospecting, and I'll ask the question are they better/ worse than a quad ? Motor bike tyres 452991977
salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Motor bike tyres Empty Re: Motor bike tyres

Post by Bignuggs Mon 05 Mar 2018, 7:33 pm

Send a PM to nuggiedreamer otherwise known as Dieter/Deet. He loves his bikes and can put you onto tyres.

Cheers
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue 06 Mar 2018, 6:24 am

Salt-d, Bush bashed with a 125 Suzuki in WA for years, never had one puncture.
Gathering dust in the shed now, looking for a new home for anyone interested.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 06 Mar 2018, 1:27 pm

Nightjar wrote:Salt-d, Bush bashed with a 125 Suzuki in WA for years, never had one puncture.
Gathering dust in the shed now, looking for a new home for anyone interested.

Motor bike tyres Traile10

Sent PM. I might be able to keep up with Mrs M on the quad. I just finished closing in the trailer as well.

Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue 06 Mar 2018, 3:10 pm

Have replied Phil/Sandra, your trailer looks the part.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by salt-d Tue 06 Mar 2018, 8:46 pm

Thanks for replies, Nightjar that's about the type of bike have in mind, Quad be nice but don't want to tow a trailer. new Yamaha AG125 $3500 may be the go.
salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 06 Mar 2018, 9:56 pm

salt-d wrote:Thanks for replies, Nightjar that's about the type of bike have in mind, Quad be nice but don't want to tow a trailer. new Yamaha AG125  $3500 may be the go.

salt-d, I'm not going to take the bike from Nightjar. I'm heading in the other direction.

Phil
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2018, 5:44 am

salt-d wrote:How much trouble do you get quietly poking about with tyres ( punctures)  on motor bikes. Know a few blokes/gals use them for prospecting, and I'll ask the question are they better/ worse than a quad ? Motor bike tyres 452991977

I used a postie bike for a few seasons and never had one flat tyre, although I did fit it with knobbly tyres, I think they were either 6 or 8 ply chinese ones, and thicker thorn proof inner tubes, and put slime in as well, anyway they were as tough as bags, the one thing with a bike and only having two wheels is you can pick your way through the scrub better than you can on a quad, since having the quad I have had many punctures even though I try to be careful is hard to watch where all four wheels are going at the same time.

The upside of the quad is its a better more comfortable ride and you can carry more gear, and as they are tubeless tyres they are easily fixed in the field, I carry a plugging kit and small 12v compressor on the quad so that I can do a quick repair on the spot as often its not until you get back to it after detecting that you see either a flat tyre or a stick hanging out of it Mad, usually only takes about 15 mins to have it sorted.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by salt-d Sat 10 Mar 2018, 8:20 am

Thanks for the replies. Will buy new if go ahead as like the idea that it may be reliable. won't need to tow trailer with a motor bike which is a plus.

salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum