Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No fish so swing the detector

4 posters

Go down

No fish so swing the detector Empty No fish so swing the detector

Post by Chiv Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:27 am

Had a fish the other day as getting to the red country is a bit hard with this tourist season on us down here in Denmark, so out to the coast for a quick flick and so quite in the water I yanked out my new pi home built to give it a test, well after a few tweaks, off I set swigging away around a few old camp spots to see what sort of junk I could find, not much really, I was impressed on how clean the camp site was other than broken glass. Found 2bucks down 14inches and though well good start after 1hour of swinging. then mother of a sound come through the speaker and though "big stonker sinker". well after a good dig about 30inches it showed it self. It was a unburnt sparkler. Has any one else found one of these, is the sparkler part full of some type of minerals to make the detector react the way it did?

Chiv

Back to top Go down

No fish so swing the detector Empty Re: No fish so swing the detector

Post by Wedgetail Sat 16 Dec 2017, 10:28 am

If it's the kids sparkler thing yer on about, they have a metal type centre rod. It was likely this that set off the detector.

A

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:38 am

Yep, Les is right they have a thin steel rod in the centre.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Sat 16 Dec 2017, 2:20 pm

Hi Chiv,

What's the detector you've made and does it have bells and whistles

Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:33 pm

Geotech Baracuda is the one reasonably easy to put together, but saying that, did let out the smoke a few times, it was more to get an understanding of how they work more than making a nugget killer . as for the sparkler yep they do have the metal wire in them but was only able to pull burnt one @18inches, yer I tested it out ,so must be some thing in the sparklers stuff maybe magnesium to give it the white burn, might have to google it when bored

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:33 pm

Hi Chiv,

Well done on getting her fired up, its a shame we cantget one to work in the real world like a M/L

Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv Mon 18 Dec 2017, 5:30 am

Digital is the only way to go Ron but I'm not that keen on tooling up for that, but there is some real good kits out there. Going to start on a new build in the new year that be better for our red dirt country. End of the day, the coils that we use on our machines is what make or brakes a good detector.

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum