Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Doug Stone Book " Coin & Relic"

5 posters

Go down

New Doug Stone Book " Coin & Relic" Empty New Doug Stone Book " Coin & Relic"

Post by madmax800 Wed 27 Jul 2016, 1:49 pm

Hi All,
Too everyone who enjoys this great hobby I would recommend getting a copy of Doug's latest book.
It should be available every where soon and RRP is $75.00 I believe.
Its about time we had a book on detecting besides GOLD.

Sorry pic is on its side

New Doug Stone Book " Coin & Relic" Doug%20Stone%20New%20Book_1
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

New Doug Stone Book " Coin & Relic" Empty Re: New Doug Stone Book " Coin & Relic"

Post by CrazyPete Sat 30 Jul 2016, 6:19 am

Probably a good read but geez John it's priced a bit steep.
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

New Doug Stone Book " Coin & Relic" Empty Re: New Doug Stone Book " Coin & Relic"

Post by madmax800 Sat 30 Jul 2016, 6:29 am

And the 7000 was not.

How ya going Pete.
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sat 30 Jul 2016, 11:02 am

Yeah the price looks a bit steep when the advertising really pays for the book. We bought his WA gold book and paid more than that but got it all back at the first site. Unfortunately it's not that easy to trade relics.

If his navigation in anything like it is in the gold book you'll be lucky to find any place listed anyway. His maps must have been formed from memory on the day he went out without the compass and his GPS must have been stuck somewhere between his current location and his last. We've tried to find some spots marked but they are nowhere near the location indicated on the map and my bush skills are better than most.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sat 30 Jul 2016, 11:49 am

G'day John I'm doing well thanks mate, now over in gippsland in Vic and often do GT runs.
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Sat 30 Jul 2016, 3:41 pm

Well when I get back from WA come end September and I get to vic I expect to see you at me bloke for a week . I want to hear some story telling. A bit of detecting and a few grog. .ok .more than a few, my shout Put it in your memory Pete because you are the number 1 bloke I want to see.
You can find your way to stuart mill.
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sat 30 Jul 2016, 5:41 pm

Cheers mate be good to catch up and have a yarn over a slab or two around the fire.
It's in my diary
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Sat 30 Jul 2016, 5:51 pm

Could not agree more Phil.We gave up on a few places that he has mentioned in that book.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun 31 Jul 2016, 7:33 am

Spoke to David DeHavelland many years with reference to his first WA edition. We discussed the variation in distances to designated destinations. His explanation was plain and simple. He used odometer readings from his vehicle (no GPS) back then and we all know two vehicles often give different readings. Also proven fact is if you travel a long distance on brand new 4WD tyres then do the same journey when the tyres are at the end of their life there is a different distance recorded.
Anyway Doug Stone should not have any excuse for incorrect distances in GPS days.
My guess the destinations are converted from old pre GPS recordings?
He is out to make a quid and must be laughing all the way to the bank?

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sun 31 Jul 2016, 11:45 am

Thank God we have John Tully's series of goldfield Maps,  they're spot on for Victoria.
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum