Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what type of gold between creek fork?

3 posters

Go down

what type of gold between creek fork? Empty what type of gold between creek fork?

Post by farm boy Sun 21 Feb 2016, 7:54 pm

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas or experience with a spot i was looking at. There are a heap of old workings in an area between forks in a large creek. Probably talking 1.5km in width across the creek forks to give u an idea. The workings were between the creeks on czl geology in roughly a straight line north south. Is this likely to be the old creek course and therefore good chance of alluvial?  Just trying to understand why there might be workings....cheers fb

farm boy

Back to top Go down

what type of gold between creek fork? Empty Re: what type of gold between creek fork?

Post by Moneybox Sun 21 Feb 2016, 10:14 pm

fb if you cannot get information from your state's mines department then perhaps a look at what has been dug from the workings might give you a clue. Are there quartz fragments where a reef has been followed or perhaps the mullock heaps are just the water worn rocks from an old watercourse?

At least that's the way I'd look at it with my limited experience. Of course even if it's reef gold there could have been a lot of surface gold left after the ancient mountain above eroded away.

However all workings such as this were not necessarily the results of gold mining what type of gold between creek fork? 490525052

Back to top Go down

what type of gold between creek fork? Empty Re: what type of gold between creek fork?

Post by farm boy Mon 22 Feb 2016, 5:06 pm

Cheers moneybox. Havent seen the ground yet just noted the workings from a map which im sure its gold. Just seemed interesting how the workings were in the area between 2 creek arms (fork) and on laterite. Just wondered if laterite could have been an old uplifted creek bed before the river split into a fork.

Cheers fb

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Mon 22 Feb 2016, 5:47 pm

i think your on to it F B
just imagine what it would have been millions if not billions off years ago, a bloody big river system.
go smash it and good luck
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum