Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st for 2016

+4
Mingo
Ian226
Bignuggs
Paintar
8 posters

Go down

1st for 2016 Empty 1st for 2016

Post by Paintar Fri 29 Jan 2016, 4:33 pm

The 1st for 2016
When will they learn ????
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-28/lucky-save-for-prospector-after-goldfields-rescue/7122440
Paintar
Paintar

Back to top Go down

1st for 2016 Empty Re: 1st for 2016

Post by Bignuggs Fri 29 Jan 2016, 5:06 pm

And it won't be the last.
Will they ever learn ? NO

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

1st for 2016 Empty 1st for 2016

Post by Ian226 Sun 31 Jan 2016, 6:35 am

Not only will it not be the last but with the way of the article it is stating another prospector out there whom did not get permission for the area he was in, which raised the ire of the leaseholder whom found him.

This will eventuate for those whom are doing the right thing with further restrictions making a good hobby more difficult to enjoy. Ian

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Post by Paintar Sun 31 Jan 2016, 9:46 am

Well what can a bloke say? After posting about the 1st prospector getting lost a 2nd prospector, a 50-year-old woman was lost at Bulong and was found after a Police and SES spent yesterday searching the area from the land and air. That’s 2 for the month January, and the silly season hasn’t even started yet. It should be made that if you get lost out there that should be held accountable for the costs involved in the search & rescue????
Paintar
Paintar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mingo Sun 31 Jan 2016, 11:13 am

unless your within a 10,000 km radius of our coast then we as a nation are more than happy to go find you for free. Sarcasm released. Agree with Paintar.

Mingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 31 Jan 2016, 11:46 am

2 in one week, that's gotta be record.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paintar Sun 31 Jan 2016, 1:22 pm

Have a look at this story and see how easy it was for the Police/SES,this result was all good and for the sake of few hundred dollars for a EPIRB.
2 German nationals stranded at Warburton on 17 Jan.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-18/rescued-german-tourists-were-well-prepared-for-desert-trek/7095642
Paintar
Paintar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Feb 2016, 5:48 am

Another thing that we don't think about too much is that as we get older there are more things that are likely to go wrong with our health, many people I have known who prospect have had a history major health issues, you never know when something could go wrong in that way as well.

Also falls are pretty common, a mate fell and broke some ribs, his wife also had a fall and damaged an arm, all on the same trip, I did the moon walk one trip last season on some loose rocks and landed heavily on my detector, no serious damage just some bark and dignity missing, not the first time its happened either.

Maybe its time that the government showed their commitment to safety and subsidised the purchase of PLB's (like they did with sat phones) so that there is no excuse for people not to carry one, if they did that most people would not complain if they made it mandatory and just like Epirbs in boats they can fine you if you are caught without it in the bush.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon 01 Feb 2016, 6:34 am

Have taken the step here and purchased a GME epirb and it will be registered for both boating and bush.

1st for 2016 Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Mon 01 Feb 2016, 7:38 am

Hi All,

Take Bruce Legendre's two offsiders Poppy and Greg (both relies) they were out there detecting and doing work for Bruce and to cut a long story short Poppy had a fall and busted his replacement hip joint(his leg basically fell off)

Luckily Bruce had given them an epirb of the boating type years ago and poppy being Poppy wouldn't let Greg set it off till the next mourning being the tuff nut that he is and they were rescued fairly promptly

See, a little prethought and all's well and a new hip and he's still out there doin it

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Mon 01 Feb 2016, 10:53 am

Here's a great deal from whitworths. I got one for Xmas.

https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?item=74529&search123=plb&intAbsolutePage=1

Great value. The unit is half the size of a packet of smokes.

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray Mon 01 Feb 2016, 8:07 pm

I bought one of those little ones as well a couple of seasons ago. It's a permanent fixture in my backpack. Hopefully I have wasted my money…

Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum