Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab F1A4 Modded detectors

Go down

Minelab F1A4 Modded detectors Empty Minelab F1A4 Modded detectors

Post by Guest Fri 18 Dec 2015, 5:32 am

Anybody had any first hand experience with these modded F1A4 detectors, particularly the level 3 modded version, also these are modded for Jack Lange by someone, anybody know the name of the person who does the mods and where he is located?

Thanks in advance

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Minelab F1A4 Modded detectors Empty Re: Minelab F1A4 Modded detectors

Post by salt-d Thu 24 Dec 2015, 6:20 pm

Speaking to a guy in WA (2014) who has been detecting for many years and he was telling he took out a couple of newbys and one of them had one they had just bought, he did some comparisons with the ML5000 he uses and said his advice to the owner was to send it back as it was not picking up nuggets of a reasonable size that the 5000 was.
I have heard that these were ex army mine detectors bought from an auction in Sydney. someone may be able to shed more information on them
salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jan 2016, 5:39 am

Thanks for the feedback salt-d and as I can see other people know as little as I did about them, but having done some research I have discovered that there are as many variations as there are people who are doing the mods on them.

I have purchased a F1A4 level two machine, it comes with about 7 mods, these are volume, tone, gain, threshold control knobs, and two switches, one for settings for large, small and medium nuggets, and another with three timing choices, also has a quick track button on the handle, and plug to take standard 5 pin coil plugs, also the lower shaft was modded by the previous owner to take minelab coils, so any nf or coiltek type coils etc, can be used on it.

The level 3 version is modified to use a Li ion battery, with 3 voltage choices and also 1 more timing setting, giving it 4 timings, and 2 more nugget size options, giving it 5 options, also I think it has a conversion plate so that the box can be mounted on a standard minelab upper shaft with armrest etc.

There are variations of these mods also as there are a few people doing them so machines that other people have that are reading this might find that there's is different again.

I have also changed the position of the control box, originally they come as standard with the coil having to go back into the rear of the detector to plug in, and the battery compartment was at the front, now the control panel is in the front and the coil lead just winds up the shaft and plugs in same as usual, the only thing I still have to change is that now the headphone jack plug is to the front so I will make a short cable to go from the front to the back to make it easier to plug in to.

If anybody else is messing about with one of these I have a standard 8 in coil with a 5 pin plug fitted that I don't need so I will sell it, and I need a battery case cover so I will buy one of someone has one for sale.

Pm me

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down