Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birthday Dash

+3
martinjsto
Nightjar
Bignuggs
7 posters

Go down

Birthday Dash Empty Birthday Dash

Post by Bignuggs Sat 19 Sep 2015, 7:12 pm

Took a bit of planning but I'm off Sunday evening.  Touring around, plenty of free ground still out there.
Not sure where I'll be but looking forward to getting outa the Perth metro.
First stop, Meeka to catch up with some nice people I met a few years ago.  after that ?? who knows  lol!
And maybe catch up with some of the lads from the muster, ya never know.
cheers all
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Birthday Dash Empty Re: Birthday Dash

Post by Nightjar Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:26 am

Good luck Cliff, You're bound to catch up with many on there last run before the heat rolls in.

Cheers

Birthday Dash Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 20 Sep 2015, 9:57 pm

good luck cliff, we may see ya out there as we are going to the muster spot in quinns for a week heading off on monday. i will keep an eye out for ya and be on ch 18.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Mon 21 Sep 2015, 2:49 pm

all the best on your adventure Cliff.

happy b.day, hope you had safe travels
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Mon 21 Sep 2015, 11:27 pm

'Go for Gold'... Cliff!
n safe travels.

Can't wait for the tale on the journey.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanjim Tue 22 Sep 2015, 7:14 am

Cliff
Have a golden trip ...
It is starting to warm up a bit ...
Be safe ....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 27 Sep 2015, 9:08 am

Hi All,
Got back last night after a good week with the flies  Razz  
It is getting warm out there, only did about 3 to 5 hours a day maximum so myself and a mate who was with me made sure we had plenty of fluids  Very Happy   kwdf  we did do a lot of celebrating  lol!
Cue caravan park was empty except for 1 tent but a lot of traffic heading north on Saturday.
We headed for the quinns muster site on Monday morning, Martin, Karen, Shorty (Chris) and June rolled in a bit later that day.
So what did I find ?  the first was a stake thru a side wall so that was a quick trip to Meeka for a tyre as I only had one spare with me.  I knew I should have taken both spares.
Only found 2 pieces of gold, a .1 and a .4 and a rock that needs to be smashed.
How the 7000 picked up the .1 has me stumped.  it was a tiny flat piece stuck in a lump of hard dirt about an inch down.  the .4 was found in natural ground in an old scraped area and that's all I got for the week and I won't tell ya's about all the shot gun pellets, rusty tin, small nails etc, ya get idea  lol!  
I know the other chaps found some pieces and I'm sure they'll let ya's know of their fortunes.
And that is it until next year unless a cool weekend pops it head up and might do a quick overnighter somewhere.
Cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 30 Sep 2015, 4:41 pm

Only took a couple pics to see what my new camper trailer looked like.  Bought an Oztrail gazebo also which was brilliant until the the afternoons and just hung a tarp to block out the sun.
As usual my old mate Roodog relaxed after getting into the fridge  lol!
And one pic of ground where gold was found during the forum muster.  we went over it again but got nothing so we moved around a bit.
Deet, one of the areas we went over last time has small gold but really needs a 2300.  it's where I got the .1, different ground/soil to the rest of the area.  I might have to go back there next season.

Birthday Dash 110
Birthday Dash 210
Birthday Dash 310

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Wed 30 Sep 2015, 8:00 pm

We have just finished a great week at Quinns, we met Martin and Karen there for one last catch-up before the end of the season, also a nice surprise to see Cliff and Graham were also there celebrating Cliffs Birthday which lasted all week!
With the weather being quite warm our time was shared with detecting and relaxing! We had found a few pieces but the best areas were found after everyone left, two small areas both giving up a few pieces. Total found 37 for 16.94 grams.
Thank you to Martin and Karen for meeting us there it is always great to spend time with you both, and thanks to Cliff for the Deep Heat for Junes shoulder.
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 30 Sep 2015, 9:56 pm

cheers guys, it is always great to catch up with you both again, good to hear you hot on some nice bits after we left. they all count and yes meeting up with Cliff and roodog was a bonus for the week. i got no gold this trip but thats the way it goes, i only got a few hrs each day in as it was hot and we enjoyed the time relaxing around camp with me getting a few arvo grandad naps in. we all sat outside and watched the dockers get beaten on friday night with hundreds of unwanted midges but luckily they weren't hungry and didn't bite but a great night under the stars watching footy. Chris and june sure have a sweet setup.
cheers all
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Thu 01 Oct 2015, 2:09 am

Cliff - Sure looks like you're on the way getting all comfy out there now. Next muster I'll try not to turn up so crook so, save a coldie for me. kwdf
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum