Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ML Ferrites

4 posters

Go down

ML Ferrites Empty ML Ferrites

Post by Bignuggs Thu 11 Jun 2015, 3:45 pm

Question for the WA buyers.
Now I got mine from Reeds. When you buy the 7000 you get registered. will they be mailing out the ferrite or do you have to pick it up from them.
cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

ML Ferrites Empty Re: ML Ferrites

Post by Shaz Thu 25 Jun 2015, 7:45 pm

We asked to buy one from reeds when they first came out but they said they only had enough to give to the people who bought the detector from them and we would have to wait for a new batch to be sent. They said they were free for you guys. I called where we got ours from and they sent it to me free of charge but I don't think they were going to let me know, I had to call them. Try calling Reeds and asking.

Shaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:57 pm

I finally got my ferret and the bugger bit me   Very Happy
All I need to do now is get out and use it.
Just seems a bit disappointing that band aids are being used to cure something that maybe a weakness with a very expensive machine. I dunno.

Last edited by Bignuggs on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more added.)
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sat 27 Jun 2015, 6:27 pm

Heres my thoughts on the ferrite bignuggs. I used my Z several times with out issue (no dramas ground balancing and getting gold every time out ) before getting my ferrite, I then took my Z to a local area that is real noisy (was real noisy with the 5K aswell), anyway the ferrite did not make a single bit of difference in this area. A few days later I dropped the ferrite and it shattered into a thousand pieces- no real loss as far as I am concerned.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fri 21 Jul 2017, 7:07 pm

FYI , ferrite rings about $5 for 10 on ebay ..Already lost 2 ...cheers...

Wally

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up Wally, at that price i think ill give them another go , some people swear by them so ill see if i can change my opinion.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 22 Jul 2017, 2:15 pm

I can honestly say I never did use the ferrite, the original 7000 ground balance way worked fine.
But, I don't have to worry about it anymore. after 2 years, I got rid of the 7000.
I'll be honest, I was not impressed with the machine.

Cheers
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sat 22 Jul 2017, 3:56 pm

Bignuggs - was it performance, ergonomics or both that you weren't impressed with?
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 22 Jul 2017, 4:06 pm

It was performance. I used every setting available on the machine but when you get killed by a 5000, it was time to rethink.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sat 22 Jul 2017, 4:50 pm

Interesting-was it one particular occasion or time and again? Wouldn't mind hearing the circumstances (if ya remember)-settings, target depth and size, ground type etc - just real curious as it's not what I have experienced.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum