Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7000 settings

2 posters

Go down

7000 settings Empty 7000 settings

Post by Bignuggs Thu 14 May 2015, 4:46 pm

Well I bit the bullet and spent the money.
Haven't used it yet but looking for some settings from those who have used this machine in the WA goldfields.
What do you find are the best settings.
Cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

7000 settings Empty Re: 7000 settings

Post by hoolahoopa Fri 15 May 2015, 1:40 pm

from my use so far bignuggs i would forget about settings at the moment (other than turning off the audio smoothing )and just use the factory ones. the best bit of advice i can give is get your ground balancing 100% first.

you are lucky in a way that a lot of the misfortune the early 7000 uptakers had with balancing has been sorted with videos and better explanation than the pathetic manual and screen instruction on the machine.
cheers

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 15 May 2015, 3:06 pm

Thanks for the info.  Doing a quick trip on our long weekend coming up and it'll be more of a learning curve for me.
Ya right about the ground balance.  Had a bit of a discussion with Jeff at Reeds about it.
Minelab do have a clip on youtube but they don't say to use the quick track button on initial balance, appears that is wrong.
I don't expect to find anything first time out but hope to spend a few days getting used to it.
I gotta horrible feeling the first timer coming out with me will find more with my old Extreme   Razz    
Cheers
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Fri 15 May 2015, 6:42 pm

Get your ground balance right and you will find gold no worries.
IF YA WALK OVER IT.
good luck

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum