Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Coil

2 posters

Go down

New Coil  Empty New Coil

Post by Peaky Wed 13 May 2015, 3:38 pm

So

I have just ordered a new Coiltech Elite Camo Coil for the long weekend trip cheers cheers

All I have read about them they are a cracker coil on the GPX fgmjfhk fgmjfhk

Anyone out there running one and if so how did it go l;wfh

Peaky

Back to top Go down

New Coil  Empty Re: New Coil

Post by Guest Wed 13 May 2015, 4:38 pm

Hi Peaky

I tried one out a short time back on my 4500 and quite liked it, although I didn't find any gold with it but found it to ground balance quickly and run quietly, as I have now got some shoulder issues I decided against buying one from the weight perspective.

As I use a Nuggetfinder 14" round mono quite a bit and can handle that ok I decided to stick with that, that suits my purposes for the time being, but I do think that the Coiltek coil will prove to be popular.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 13 May 2015, 4:55 pm

Peaky

yea I have one ran it for one day so far got to say very impressed. a lot more sensitive pings the shallow fly shite similar to an 8'' but obviously with more ground coverage, depth on the bigger stuff is good I got a 15 grammer @ around 14 inches. I normally run a 17 x 11 NF I don't think the elliptical would have pinged it at that depth.
to me it seams to put out a more intense field than a normal coil (if that makes sense??)this gives a sharper target response but also picks up more ground noise I found I had to back it off a bit in hotter ground to keep it smooth.
weight wise seams to be about the same as a minelab coil that size, for me that's no dramas
for us GPX battlers I would go as far as to say its a game changer

cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down