Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anzac Day

4 posters

Go down

Anzac Day Empty Anzac Day

Post by Bignuggs Fri 24 Apr 2015, 5:46 pm

I'm getting in early. I have a lot to think about. I think about my grandfather and his brother in the first world war and what they went through and the physical shite that happened to them.
I think about the crap my father went through in the second. Watching his mates being killed and he was kept reserve.
We owe these men gratitude beyond our imagination.
They were better men than I'll ever be.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Anzac Day Empty Re: Anzac Day

Post by cruiser1 Fri 24 Apr 2015, 6:12 pm

Yep,couldn`t agree more Cliff.What the poor buggers endured during and after the war must have been horrific,certainly proud to be an Aussie and will be at the Dawn Service.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Fri 24 Apr 2015, 6:13 pm

Yes Cliff, I agree with you, we do have a lot to think about.
My grandfather fought in the Boer war, my fathers 2 brothers, Kittyhawks, middle east in ww2, Dad building the gliders used in paratroop drops, Mum, me and my sister hiding in the cellar during the massive raids on Sheffield. Shattered doors, broken glass everywhere, the terrifying sound of "doodlebugs", us hoping for the engine not to stop, picking up chunks of bomb shrapnel next morning, I could go on...
What I do mainly think about, is why the F... do we have to have these wars, that do nothing but create havoc for the innocents who simply want to peacefully co exist, but to give greater power to the megalomaniacs of the world.
Lest We Forget.
Mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 24 Apr 2015, 6:32 pm

will be at the dawn service tomorrow, i will think of my grandfather and other family in the 2 WW and my father who served during peacetime but fought during the suez canal crisis of 56. the sacrifices made by these brave men should inspire us all
Lest we forget

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 25 Apr 2015, 2:44 pm

Lest we Forget.
Stuff governments who start this shite.
It's time for politicians to get out there an fight it instead of sitting back watching people being destroyed and for what gain ?
Let's hope, never again.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum