Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

internet explorer issues

4 posters

Go down

internet explorer issues Empty internet explorer issues

Post by gold n beer Wed 15 Apr 2015, 3:36 pm

hi all, been suffering the last few days with the internet and just seeing if anybody can help!!
when i go to my homepage it will not let me type anything into the search box, and also when i logged onto this and other forums i could not type when replying to posts.
it would let me type the post but when sending it come up you must type a message when replying to posts.
that's internet explorer combined with bing, i'm using chrome now and all is sweet.
i think i got a bug in my system as when trying to scan the other day it would scan alright but not let me copy the scan into my documents.
bloody drama's. cut a long story short when logging on to this forum using chrome[ coz explorer wouldn't let me post] it required me to enter my password again [which i don't remember] and no longer have the email account i signed up with so re registered using new name.
cheers
jase [aussie 18]
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

internet explorer issues Empty Re: internet explorer issues

Post by CrazyPete Wed 15 Apr 2015, 3:50 pm

G'day Jase, some bugs change the colour of ya Font to white not black, check that out mate Wink Very Happy

Pete Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 15 Apr 2015, 3:59 pm

I've also been having computer problems. Lets hope it has nothing to do with the new Meta Data laws.
Everything has gone dead slow, especially with getting emails.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Wed 15 Apr 2015, 4:01 pm

that's all good mate set on black.
this crap just spins me out, working fine one day buggered the next.
ah well shite happens
cheers mate
jase
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Thu 16 Apr 2015, 3:15 pm

kind off got it sorted but i must have a bug in me puter, when on homepage i got to right click on search box left click on select all then left click in search box and i can type and search.
never had this issue before so somefink funky happening.
i have to do the same process when logging on here now and banks etc with internet explorer but everything working sweet on chrome.
this crap is all over my head, will have to drop it in to me puter mechanic done the road and get him to sort it.
jase
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Thu 16 Apr 2015, 4:27 pm

Meh! just uninstall Internet explorer Jase and use ya Chrome or Firefox mate.

IE has to be the most virused and corruptible browser out there man Suspect
and to tell the truth, Firefox isn't too flash these days either  scratch  

ive just un installed it and installed Chrome and it seems to be heaps better, i just imported
all my bookmarks over from Firefox before i uninstalled it so nothin lost but gained SPEED cheers hjjo

Pete Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 17 Apr 2015, 6:58 am

something is going on but buggered if I know.
I can't use my firefox or chrome. IE is the only thing that's working.
ya gotta love the internet lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Fri 17 Apr 2015, 7:24 am

I routinely use Firefox as my browser. Recently it did its automatic update and thereafter it refused to load. Not too fazed by that, I switched over to IE until I could resolve the issue.
I guess that we all like to stick with the browser that we know and feel comfortable with, but without elaborating, I must agree that IE ain’t the best.
Thoroughly fed up, I installed and started using Chrome. Well, I was pleasantly surprised at just how quick and easy it was to use and although my FF wasn’t working, Chrome was able to pick up all my bookmarks from it.

My point here is that it doesn’t hurt to have at least one other browser ready to go in case your normal browser acts up or requires major surgery.

Jase, I don’t know what’s causing your problems, but here are a couple of simple things that you could try:

1. Check that you have the latest version of IE.
2. Reset Internet Explorer settings as follows
· Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
· Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button.
· Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
· Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

When all else fails, I just Google the problem and see if it comes up with a solution.

Col

PS: Now back to using FF and it seems to be working better than ever.

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Fri 17 Apr 2015, 4:20 pm

cheers col, will give that all a try and see if that fixes me prob's.
probably the main thing that's giving me the shite's is not only is me IE not happening the way it should but my printer/fax/scanner isn't playing the game either.
i generally scan my pay invoices and email thru to the builder, it scans fine but won't let me store it in my documents folder so i can retreive it as a attachment to the email i'm sending. been doing it for years and just as IE started misfiring that stopped working.
yep i had already had chrome installed so at least i wasn't completely bamboozled but still has me scratching me head, you know when something on these puters start playing up i go off me face and say 25 years ago we didn't have this crap so why do we need it now, but ya know realistically how the bloody hell would we now be able to live without them, it's a part off life as we know it and the biggest change in lifestyle we all will have in our life time.
cliff sorry to hear your having fun to, but at least your handy with these set ups unlike myself, i really am a preschooler when it comes to internet issues
cheers guys
jase
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down