Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7000 and Salt

+3
Doofus
norwest gold
Bignuggs
7 posters

Go down

7000 and Salt Empty 7000 and Salt

Post by Bignuggs Sat 14 Mar 2015, 7:58 pm

I'm not going to get into an argument about whether the 7000 can handle salt or not. this video clip is supposed to be filmed on a beach.
So you would assume there was some salt but it's not the same as hitting the salt lakes we have in WA goldfields. So I'm hoping one of our members who have the 7000 can give us a good report if they have tried it on the salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJwt9XZDKc

Cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

7000 and Salt Empty Re: 7000 and Salt

Post by norwest gold Sat 14 Mar 2015, 8:21 pm

I have been on the salt with mine and couldn't get it quiet enough to work properly I was having better luck with my 5000 in salt mode the verdict is still out for me and I need to do some more testing.

norwest gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Doofus Sun 15 Mar 2015, 2:21 pm

For the price they are charging you would think ML would have included a salt mode.
WTF were ML thinking when they made this machine. I was almost convinced to outlay the money but I'm not bloody sure now.
Doofus
Doofus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Mar 2015, 6:53 pm

Doofus wrote:For the price they are charging you would think ML would have included a salt mode.
WTF were ML thinking when they made this machine. I was almost convinced to outlay the money but I'm not bloody sure now.

DITTO

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by red devil Sun 15 Mar 2015, 8:55 pm

Hi doofus you seem quite keen on gold hunting have you had any experience out the bush looking for it

red
red devil
red devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Metamorphic Mon 16 Mar 2015, 12:21 pm

With this new machine most people talk about its depth capabilities, but the real power in the ZVT tech is its phenomenal ability to handle super-hot, heavily mineralized ground and salinity.

I can only speak for its performance on the Salinity belt at Kingower in Vic's Golden Triangle.....it will grumble a bit in Extra deep mode, and you will need to set your ground conditions to 'severe' with audio smoothing on 'high'.
This is not a problem however, and will keep you on the punching edge of its capabilities.

In 'high yield' mode, it will stroll along in the heaviest of mineralization like a Sunday walk in the park.

I was shocked at how much better it is than the 5000 in this area.....the EMI sensor in quick start settings are brilliant also.
EMI is but a distant memory with this beast.

There is an old saying.....those that dont know talk, those that know dont talk.

For me, its a WINNER, but yes, its bloody heavy and takes a bit of getting used too!

Regards

Back to top Go down

Post by Doofus Mon 16 Mar 2015, 5:49 pm

red devil wrote:Hi doofus  you seem quite  keen  on gold hunting have you had any experience out the bush looking for it

red

did years ago but gave it away. Was hoping the new machine would get me into the game again.
Not sure now. I just can't get excited about this new machine. it's a pity really, ML haven't done us a good service based on the other detectors they offered.
but thats just my opinion.
cheers
Doofus
Doofus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Tue 17 Mar 2015, 8:30 am

From Bruce Candy's Knowledge Base Article on Minelab's Website, There is a mention for Saline Soils best Gold Mode setting is Extra Deep !

http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/266297/KBA_24-1%20ZVT%20Technology.pdf

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 17 Mar 2015, 8:51 am

cheers for the link good read Very Happy

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Metamorphic Sun 22 Mar 2015, 12:41 am

For anyone interested in setting up the Z correctly, this post by Jonathan Porter (official minelab Z tester) on another forum pretty much sums up what you should try out.

Jonathon Porter wrote:
When next out detecting please perform a re-set all settings via the Quick Start screen (top left icon, then right selection option) then after the auto tune has been performed keep holding the coil away from the ground and not touching the Quick Trak button, change the Tone to the way you like, put the Audio Smoothing into OFF position, lift the Volume control on the detect screen from 8 to 10 or max of 12 for WM12 speaker use, once done please perform the following....
"Work Flow:
.........select an area typical of your chosen location without trash targets, then with coil held at detection height above ground hold the Quick Trak button in and walk steadily away swinging the coil evenly (with Quick Trak still held in), after 10 to 12 seconds (listen to the audio during this time and you will hear the unit stabilize) you can release the Quick Trak button.
This method is extremely simple to do and should add near zero time to your normal routine, exposing the coil evenly to as much typical ground as possible in that time frame helps immensely with the GB averaging. Do not pump the coil after initial switch on or straight after a re-set, after the above process has been followed then you can pump the coil if its needed during the session. "
Factory default is High Yield/Difficult, Sensitivity 9, Threshold 27, Tracking Auto, Audio Smoothing Low, Tone 53,
I use the following in combination with a booster speaker, Volume might need to be lifted slightly if the WM12 speaker is used and lower for headphones.
High Yield/Difficult for mineralised 12" or less deep ground were smaller nuggets are present
General/Difficult for mineralised 12" and deeper ground were there's a greater chance of larger nuggets
Sensitivity 10 to 12
Audio Smoothing Off
Tone 60
Tracking Auto
Volume 10
If the initial GB procedure is not accurate the detector can sound unstable and noisy, High Yield/Difficult is a lot more sensitive than other modes so there will be some ground types that will be twitchy even after the initial GB procedure requiring the use of General or even Severe. If you lift the Volume too much it can make the detector sound extremely noisy and twitchy, there is a massive difference between 10 and 12 for instance. I'm seeing a common trend with users who have way too much Volume and then having to back off the sensitivity which is the wrong way round.
Audio Smoothing OFF is a lot louder volume wise than Low or High, using High Audio Smoothing can force the use of higher Volume levels, however the use of Audio Smoothing cuts back on a lot of detector performance. Its better to run a lower Audio Smoothing (OFF) and then balance the Volume and Threshold controls for a more comfortable experience, but this all needs to be done after the initial set up GB process has been followed correctly.
Hope this helps,
JP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum