Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Security

+10
Alan WA
Nanjim
Bignuggs
Quogmeier
silverback
martinjsto
Banjo
cruiser1
toad
Tkinggold
14 posters

Go down

Home Security Empty Home Security

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 7:30 pm

with the ever increasing spate of burglaries and attempted thefts I have decided to upgrade my security around my house.

with a detector worth a shed load in my hot little hands any one with a detector is more vulnerable at being rolled..i cant leave these things down the workshop coz they will simply use the oxy to blow the doors away.

I have had my troopy tampered with so that will get a motion detector jammed in it --at least it will alert me to any shenanigans going on..Maybe have to put a dead man switch in there as well for when the old girl is parked up at home...

checked out our new Jaycar shop here in Ktown and talked to me old mate Phil and he has ordered me some infra red beams / alarms and motion alarms for the Taxi office and my home...bugger the ass wipes I hope I can get up fast enough to nail one or two of them. Bad back or not its funny how adrenalin kicks in and u can run like a grey hound..
Its sad when a country town starts going backwards real fast. Mind u Homeswest have a lot to answer for with the lack of control over their tenants..
Some people in town must be bored shitless and r now resorting to home invasions -break and enters all for a quick buck to feed their habit..absolute low lifes.

So if anyone else has any ideas on security measures that they take or r about to take then I would like to hear from u....

I think my insurance policy might go down a few bucks as well..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Home Security Empty Re: Home Security

Post by Tkinggold Wed 11 Feb 2015, 7:39 pm

Razor wire with 240v Home Security 452991977 Home Security 3100332128

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Wed 11 Feb 2015, 7:51 pm

If you can't afford it, steal it. That seems to be the go these days. Very little in the way of deterrent.
Go to gaol, get a new pair of jeans, new "T" shirt, get to work out on the weights for a few months and sleep in a real bed with a/c room and three meals a day. Hang out with your countrymen.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Wed 11 Feb 2015, 8:15 pm

Had a home invasion last year, now have crimsafe security screens all round and a 53kg rotty on patrol.Next in line is security camera and rifle.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Wed 11 Feb 2015, 8:33 pm

Security camera's have come a long way, just got to make sure you get a system with good resolution so it gives you the best chance of identifying the @$%#^$#'s

Axis make very network camera's that you can get either in wireless or power over ethernet, not cheap but well worth the money.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 11 Feb 2015, 9:43 pm

mate had his home done over a few times and has video security installed now. cost a lot but it has 9 high resolution cameras running 24/7 with a massive HD to save the video/ image for months, he can even view it on his phone when away. me, I have 2 good guard dogs, my rifle and compound bow and me base ball bat next to my bed for my security. oh and a monitored alarm that takes hrs for a response, Rolling Eyes
a lot of country towns have felt the effects of an Ice invasion that is spreading like wildfire and unless stopped it will be the downfall of many of them.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silverback Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:41 pm

Just as a side to this, its worth talking to a car security mob and get them to show you how or fit a bypass for your immobiliser. Could be interesting if your immobiliser batteries or immobiliser clag them selves in the bush.Its happened.
silverback
silverback

Back to top Go down

Post by Quogmeier Thu 12 Feb 2015, 5:45 am

Got rolled myself Nov last year.
Luckily had the alarm set up to go off while we were home.
Otherwise they would have got more than the wife's handbag.
Funny thing was we wouldn't have got hit if we didn't have the security system.
Mongrels broke into the security car and thieved a heap of keys.
Idiots left the tag on my keys that had the address attached.
And I'm still trying to get compensated.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Just glad that's all they got and no damage done.
Going for cameras soon.
Cheers
Quogmeier

Quogmeier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2015, 6:42 am

the workshop has security cameras and motion detecters which set off the alarms bigtime. will look at cameras for the home by the look of things..

Its sad that when u come home after a weekend away the first thing u look for is a busted window or damage..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:46 am

A big black gaurd dog seems to be the go. I understand that black dogs have more deterrent value. Also one with a good bite won't go astray.
Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:59 am

I had an attempted home invasion a couple of years ago at 2.30am on a Saturday morning.  I was in my lounge room with the TV going but I was asleep in my armchair when it happened.
They took the glass out of the old louvre windows in the laundry but couldn't get in so they went for one of the back doors and ripped the screen door off.
It sounded like a bloody explosion when it happened.  When the police finally rocked up, there was 2 sets of foot prints and finger prints which the forensic cop lifted of the glass.
cut a long story short, the police told me outright, the thieving pricks don't care if you are home or not and they will even kill your dog if you have one.  If they are desperate to get in, they will get in.
I got a call from the Fremantle D's about a week after it happened.  they had just arrested a 10 year old kid for a string of house breakings in the area, the kid apparently had a record long as ya arm but it appears an adult was with him all the time but they never got that bastard.
As for using a firearm, the police say you can use "equal force" against an intruder.  so if someone comes into your house with an axe, you have to ask them to wait while you go out to the shed so you can get your axe, but don't shoot them or you get charged.

Last edited by Bignuggs on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanjim Thu 12 Feb 2015, 8:00 am

We are getting a bloke out today to give a price for some cameras around the house ...
These are the only bit missing form our home security

Cheers Nanjim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Thu 12 Feb 2015, 8:06 am

Yea russo,ours is a black 53 kg rottweiler.Was away detecting last season and mrs heard someone at the door at home.The dog lunged him self at the door and she heard the !unt walking away saying shite.The only thing is you have to be always on the look out for baits thrown over the fence.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2015, 8:11 am

its a poor state of affairs when we have to live in fear in this society-----

Looks like the dog is back on the menu...

if anyone knows of a bull terrier pup--prefer bitch--let me know..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 12 Feb 2015, 8:21 am

oneday wrote:Looks like the dog is back on the menu...

if anyone knows of a bull terrier pup--prefer bitch--let me know..

regards
oneday

I can't help with the bull terrier pup but I know some of the others you "prefer" I can put you onto  lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan WA Thu 12 Feb 2015, 9:42 am

We put that security film on our windows after a break in.
Makes it a lot harder to come in that way next time.

Alan

Alan WA

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:40 am

Theres a lot of good heavy duty gun cabinets out there which once bolted in position make a pretty good deterant as they are hard to get into without makeing a hell of a lot of noise and are heavy as hell to carry-I personally have a dual lock key safe about the size of a bar fridge bolted to a wall -its metal walls are so thick I cant carry it by myself and it will fit three detectors and all the fruit easily-my border collie is not very scary but my two compound bows are-and I myself extremely ugly but I`m a prospector and we are all like that-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:42 pm

I have fitted window locks and dead locks to my place plus a couple of security lights.  Probably like a lot of people, I installed them after my place had been burgled!  Some good info is available from this RAC site: http://rac.com.au/home-security/how-secure-is-your-home

I have also placed a couple of these signs at strategic positions.  It is encouraging the number of people when about to go through the side gate, ask a bit nervously “What about the dog?”

Home Security Aj114_11

At one stage, I looked (unsuccessfully) for a security sensor that instead of turning on a light would activate the sound of a dog growl.  I reckon there ain’t nothing like the sound of a deep belly growl from a big dog to get the hairs on the back of the neck to stand up.  I suspect that any uninvited intruder would POQ!

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 12 Feb 2015, 5:13 pm

Something I forgot to mention that the police told me.
Hard wired video camera's.  Low lifes don't worry about them anymore either.
It might get an image depending on the quality of the camera but it doesn't worry housebreakers, once in ya house the damage is done and if they find your camera gear, they'll destroy it.
it only catches the dumb bastards.
Camera's only help with your insurance premiums, along with prison bars on all windows, security screen doors and an alarm system.
Alarm Systems:  if you heard the number of alarms going off in my area, you would understand why no one gives a stuff about looking out their front door anymore to see what's going on.
Maybe more than 1 big dog is the way to go.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Home Security Empty home security

Post by Ian226 Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:56 pm

Geez getting a bit worried on retiring, misses got me to buy home in the city and no liking the sound of it. Always been a country lad and old school leave alone what is not yours if you don't have the owners permission. I kinda leave the house unlocked, keys in car as that's the way I am. Ktown was never like that when I was up there in the 80s

Lost our security when the shepard passed away so may have to look at another.

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Thu 12 Feb 2015, 8:40 pm

If you read the posts on some of the Ktown FB pages it is out of control just like Hedland, the amount of break in's, stolen gear etc etc etc is unbelievable, most are blaming the ICE epidemic but a lot of kids running around at night too.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Thu 12 Feb 2015, 9:56 pm

Banjo wrote:If you read the posts on some of the Ktown FB pages it is out of control just like Hedland, the amount of break in's, stolen gear etc etc etc is unbelievable, most are blaming the ICE epidemic but a lot of kids running around at night too.

And those kids are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just doing ICE like the others more than likely?

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Fri 13 Feb 2015, 6:16 am

Wedgetail wrote:
Banjo wrote:If you read the posts on some of the Ktown FB pages it is out of control just like Hedland, the amount of break in's, stolen gear etc etc etc is unbelievable, most are blaming the ICE epidemic but a lot of kids running around at night too.

And those kids are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just doing ICE like the others more than likely?

nothing would surprise me Wedgetail, i guess the police can't be everywhere all the time but over a recent two week period the amount of cars having windows smashed & ransacked, break-ins etc was rife, but the most disturbing part that gives me the shites is the way dogs are treated in this town, seems everyone wants a dog to protect their properties but thats as far as their concern goes, no concern for lockable gates/properly fenced yards, the amount of people posting up about their dog has gotten out (sometimes let out by the little thieving sh#ts) only to be hit by cars, attacking other dogs, really does disgust me.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum