Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New GPX5000 and SDC2300

5 posters

Go down

New GPX5000 and SDC2300  Empty New GPX5000 and SDC2300

Post by martinjsto Thu 20 Nov 2014, 3:35 pm

My new 5k and sdc2300 arrived today, 2 days postage from Bendigo Gold Victoria. cheers  Very Happy  cheers  cheers  cheers  Very Happy fgmjfhk
I am a happy man and the "wife" has her new sdc hjjo  New GPX5000 and SDC2300  452991977 wegr
I will take them out on Monday for a few days next week and see what's lurking in that spot or if time permits get up to Cue.
so a brand new sdc for the missus and a brand new 5K for me and we are less than $2700 out of pocket after selling the old 5K.  New GPX5000 and SDC2300  1424279845

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

now to find some gold!

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

New GPX5000 and SDC2300  Empty Re: New GPX5000 and SDC2300

Post by AnnieL Sun 23 Nov 2014, 10:49 am

Wow!!  Good on you and your wife.  Good luck out there - looking forward to your report.

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:56 pm

thanks Annie, the sdc will primary be used by Karen when she is out with me. the ergonomics isnt such a issue as Karen has had walking aids since birth and I did mod the armrest for her and will add a bungi. the thing we were after was a capable machine and we are happy to find tiny bits, and a machine that could handle the knocks as unfortunately due to her disability, Karen tends to fall a bit on flat ground nevermind stony bush so ruggedness was primary and a GPX was destined to get damaged. i will give the SDC a go this week as I and am finally heading off tomorrow for a week depending on weather.
i will report my finds if any Very Happy
cheers
martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 01 Dec 2014, 9:58 pm

hi guys, back from the trip and had a great run. I returned to my spots in cue and chained for 3 days, i will post some pics soon but found just over 2 grams this trip in two nice little nuggets making 10.9 grams for the area including the first 8.8 grams nugget found on the first trip. the spot ended up being the end of a good patch cleaned out a few years ago so i got a couple of the missed ones, I still think there is more there so will return. I love the SDC and christened it on the first day with the first smaller 0.5g nugget at 3 inches deep clear as, i have modded the arm rest with a couple of old stubbie holders stretched over to hold them in place and add padding, I added my pro swing bungee and stretched the headphone cord by hanging from the ceiling during a hot day weighed down to the floor clamping a few inches in from the connections as not to damage them and left it all day until it cooled down all i need to do is a set of legs to keep it upright. i used the new 5k the next day and after chaining most if the day for nothing i christened her and pinged the 2nd nugget at 2 inches deep weighing in at 1.6g. Very Happy
the spot that had the great signal that was hard as and in solid rock gave off a loud target sound with the SDC as well as with the 5k so i attacked it with a big pick and a crowbar and managed to get most of the signal out but i couldn't see any gold. i have a vid of the target b4 digging and after when the rubble and most if the target is removed from the hole, i picked all up and took home to dolly up soon. i will post the vids once uploaded. sorry in advanced for the crap vid quality but you get the idea. all in all a great trip that added to the jar.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 01 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm

stretching the headphone lead.

the 1.5 g nugget found by the 5k

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:04 pm

this is the spot b4 digging

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:28 pm

ok the crappy vid of the resulting rocks to dolly and see. sorry again for the quality.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnieL Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:25 am

Glad to see you had some luck out there Martin.  eafgh  eafgh

It is somewhat a different mindset with the SDC to dig so many small signals and its a lesson in patience.

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:32 am

Nice post Martin
Congrats on Christening the new rigs with some Gold
Nice Footage
Look forward to more soon

Anthony
Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:49 am

Crush it!!!!! might be a bit of a leader
nice one martin

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 3:34 pm

Good stuff Martin.Nothing like christening a new toy.Thanks for the vids.
Ps
Dont forget to clip back your ceiling vent into position after taking down the ear phones. lol
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 02 Dec 2014, 3:57 pm

cheers gals and guys, glad you all enjoyed. lol cruiser1. the a/c vent is permanently like that due to the dork who fitted it crushed the ducting up against a beam pushing the vent down and breaking the clips so I figured I couldnt damage it much more could I? Very Happy . i will be smashing all the rock i collected up in the next few days Tom, there must be something in it with all the racket the SDC and the 5k makes over the hole. i hope it is the start of a leader but i may need to borrow one of your toys to get it all out. wegr there is still a noise in the hole so if it is gold it keeps going. eafgh
just need cooler weather now but it looks like its a next season trip.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 02 Dec 2014, 5:32 pm

Mate if it is where I think it is it don't sound like ground noise to me Wink now crush it!!!!!
Now what is the point of having toys if they don't come out to play occasionally l;wfh

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum