Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chasing a little info on Prospecting leases

+10
Bignuggs
Viper
Tkinggold
Narrawa
Flouro
Nightjar
Dozer
Gasgoyne
hoolahoopa
Ian226
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chasing a little info on Prospecting leases Empty Chasing a little info on Prospecting leases

Post by Ian226 Tue 07 Oct 2014, 7:51 pm

Hi all

Just wondering if someone out there can clarify a couple of questions regarding prospecting leases. Nearly pegged some ground but not sure after reading the pamphlets from Mines dept with regards to the following

1. What is involved with the $5k security, do you have to put up the 5k like a bond or what. The pamphlet only stated must be done within 28 days of submitting your application
2. If you have a PL are you required to pay shire rates as this was on the sample cost report that needed to submit each year.

Thanks in advance for your replies. Ian

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Chasing a little info on Prospecting leases Empty Re: Chasing a little info on Prospecting leases

Post by hoolahoopa Tue 07 Oct 2014, 8:12 pm

good on ya ian, just gone down this path myself.
yep you pay shire rates each shire is different and it depends on the size of the lease. they also have a minimum rate that you pay.
the $5000 security you dont pay straight up i got told by the dmp rep. he did say when you do pay but i stopped listening (oops) after he said it wasnt needed.
someone else i am sure will give you a better reasoning behind that one iam sure.
cheers

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Chasing a little info on Prospecting leases Empty Re: Chasing a little info on Prospecting leases

Post by Gasgoyne Tue 07 Oct 2014, 8:32 pm

You do not have to pay the $5000 security. It is basically there so that if you do the wrong thing and leave a big mess on your tenement, the DMP can chase you up for $5k.

Keep a PL under 10 Hectares and you don't have to pay shire rates.

Gasgoyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 08 Oct 2014, 6:09 am

Shire rates ? I didn't know that and it's interesting so here's a hypothetical question.
A company has an EL and you peg your PL on top. does the company also have to pay shire rates on their EL ?
If the company does have to pay rates, sounds like the bloody shire is getting double for the same patch of ground.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer Wed 08 Oct 2014, 6:47 am

If you put a PL on top of an EL it would have to be a SPL, which can only be up to 10 hectares, so the shire doesn't charge rates on it.
More importantly though is what do I get for my rates from the shire?

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 08 Oct 2014, 7:12 am

Remember years ago my mate dropped into the Leonora Shire and explained the $300+ rates we pay for our lease 70 km's out of town surely entitled us to a rubbish bin collection?
"Dumb stare and hands thrown in the air, much muttering."
Yes, correct the $5000.00 is a security, not paid up front.

Chasing a little info on Prospecting leases Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Wed 08 Oct 2014, 8:01 am

Hi All,

I know of a case in Cue when I was working there of a guy with a lease that was made to pay full rates for his lease for years but it was under 10 hectares so he tried to get his money back but last I heard nothing was coming of it

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Chasing a little info on Prospecting leases Empty Chasing a little info on Prospecting Leases

Post by Ian226 Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:33 am

All thanks for the information and appreciate it. Another point about double dipping, wonder if the Shire is charging rates for a pastoral lease as well.

Nightjar would that be a weekly or annual bin service you asked for they may have not understood re throwing hands in air and muttering,

Cheers Ian

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:37 am

I can just see Leo shire driving 70k's outa town to pick up your bins, NOT Razz
but they would probably still charge ya for the service.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:05 pm

off subject but a rural property we owned we payed full rates for over 10 yrs and had nothing not even a access road and had to get permission from the river authority to use their access track to get in. they even burned my fence line down and refused to replace even the materials. less you have to do with them the better.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:55 pm

Bignuggs wrote:I can just see Leo shire driving 70k's outa town to pick up your bins, NOT  Razz
but they would probably still charge ya for the service.
Well its either Lienster or Leo shire driving out there to empty the roadside bins.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:46 pm

I questioned the rubbish collection thing when I got my last rates bill, in Meekatharra shire they only collect rubbish if your property/lease is within the town boundary. Apparently I get free use of the town pool and library for my $750 rates bill Rolling Eyes

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:02 pm

I think if you asked the shire about the roadside bins in layby areas they would say it's a "different issue".
but if you had a lease, lets say in the Duketon area, I couldn't see the shire collecting your bins and I wouldn't be driving a 100k's or so just to use the pool Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:52 pm

BUT IF U LIVE ON YOUR LEASE FOR 12MONTHS THEN THE SHIRE HAS TO grade the road in.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper Fri 10 Oct 2014, 1:05 pm

interesting one about the graded road one day ... good luck...

And yes Pastoralists do have to pay rates to the shire as well as the Pastoral Board & the Ag Protection Board
Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 10 Oct 2014, 1:55 pm

but I guess to live on it full time would then mean complying with all the associated shire rules and regs, septics, plumbed HW etc

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 10 Oct 2014, 2:50 pm

martinjsto wrote:but I guess to live on it full time would then mean complying with all the associated shire rules and regs, septics, plumbed HW etc

I would say that is pretty close to the mark but you would also be able to place signs all around the boundary stating " Trespassers will be Prosecuted and charged with Gold Stealing".
and that's something a lot of scumbags seem to forget, someone pays a lot of dollars for a lease.  why let moonlighters get away with walking on your lease for FREE.
Shoot the bastards I say and lets be done with it  kwdf    Chasing a little info on Prospecting leases 3179412840

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 11 Oct 2014, 9:04 am

Just a thought on this here .....with some of these people , well some iv met that do the most winging on it, have been the most burgling boundary jumpers for 20 years & decide to peg a lease , then how their mindset changes all of a sudden on this matter . O , im a high n mighty lease holder now .... hypocritical is one word that comes to mind .. anyhow il get biblical on it , let he who is without sin cast the first stone . Laughing
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 11 Oct 2014, 9:21 am

it does piss ya off when you do all the right thing by getting direct lease holders permissions or 40 E's and informing pastoral leaseholders then you finally get out there and come across a couple of ex copper from eastern states who give you the rundown on why they can jump leases and not worry about prosecution or confiscation of gear as the the gold cops can only take your gear to identify it then they have to give it straight back and your fine will only be a few hundred dollars even if you are prosecuted but usually your just told to move on. thats it. nothing the lease holder can do other to inform the cops else he is acting illegally. seems the rules are there to protect the wrong doers. it will end up with a few chunks of lead getting fired.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 11 Oct 2014, 9:33 am

Fair comment martin , my comment was a general one on that matter , but seems you have a specific issue on eastern state police visiting & doing the wrong thing ... well get into it mate , bring it on , if there are bent cops coming from east & doing the wrong thing , get number plates , any id & do the right thing & report them mate . cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 11 Oct 2014, 10:41 am

problem is, they are convincing others out there with their "authoritative" argument although I dont buy it and Im sure they encourage others to do the same.  they did with me by showing me the spoils of their raid. I politely said Ill stick to my permitted areas thanks.  unfortunately, didnt get numbers etc and was by myself so I trod carefully and wished them "good luck with that" and abruptly left them to it.

someone messed with my post, I have edited it but I am sory if anyone got offended,

Last edited by martinjsto on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 11 Oct 2014, 11:12 am

We all know its a sad fact of life that there will be people who don't do the right thing.
Ya have to ask yourself, how hard is it to get a miners right, get permissions or spend a little money and get 40E's.  it's not that difficult but it is for some, so it seems.

PS. I've done an update. I'm off the Emu Draft and now on VB kwdf Chasing a little info on Prospecting leases 1632602647

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 12 Oct 2014, 9:31 am

Are well dunno about your particular beef or what but lets face it we all get the wanders here n there but if a small operator is working a lease, especially with machinery etc its bad form to jump in at an opportunity ..... any ways & all say all of us too, hip hip hooray Laughing now wev got the all clear on that one , have great pssy Bathurst day & lets be kind to each other,cheers from that bastard spear chucker albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 12 Oct 2014, 6:58 pm

We're very fortunate to have a $25 miners rite for life. That's not the case in most other places. We also have some very good mapping, minerals and tenement information easily available to all. It took me ages to find my way around mines and mineral information for the eastern states and perhaps they good data available but I've struggled to find some.

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:34 am

Hi all,
Been off the site for a while and only had a couple of trips away this year as some family health problems needed more attention.
However good topic and comments.
Another thing for new and aspiring lease holders to be very aware of , as I got caught out this year big time regarding the MRF levy thingy that has changed this year and I bet im not alone on this one.
My lease was only granted in Feb 14, I was sent a fine by the DMP of $5000 for failing to submit my Environmental Report on time, and this letter is written in a very stern manner. However I was granted a reprieve and had to apply for this to give me time to complete my submission within 7 days or the fine stood.
Your submission can be done on the DMP site and is easy if you have nothing to report., ie no work done or no rehabilitation needed = no levy to pay. Takes 10 minutes.

"note to self"
Always open DMP mail and read thoroughly, and address any issues immediately.
Be sure that no-one has been on your lease disrupting the environment as you may well be liable. Take photos recording the co-ords of where photo taken and direction camera is pointing, just for future reference and to cover ur ass.

p.s Rates for PL's suck.

Good luck all
RW

Last edited by rogawilco on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum