Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protecting your camp

+2
Rege-PA
Ian226
6 posters

Go down

Protecting your camp Empty Protecting your camp

Post by Ian226 Fri 22 Aug 2014, 9:55 pm

Read in the last months Apla newsletter regarding that Thieve are targeting farm equipment and that is now happening to prospectors. So I was wondering what others are doing to protect their camp when out swinging if no one is staying behind.

I have bought a trail camera for vermin detection on a property close by, being a motion/heat sensing unit that runs on 8 AA batteries. I can see this being a benefit keeping an eye on the camp. With testing it have learnt that they are very sensitive and location set up needs to considered as movement of vegetation will set them off.

Good bit of information on web page http://www.trailcampro.com/ regarding the units under their reviews and tests, also a competition page of photos taken with them. I even entered one myself under the international category, of 3 boomers captured with my camera, but some interesting photos of the wildlife around the world. Anyhow interested in your comments….Ian

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Protecting your camp Empty Re: Protecting your camp

Post by Rege-PA Fri 22 Aug 2014, 10:40 pm

Here in the states Harbor Freight has a cheap drive way
alarm that can be set up to 20 meters from the alarm. Plenty loud enough to rattle the nerves of an intruder.

Home
|
Wireless Security Alert System

Bunker Hill Security 93068 Wireless Driveway Alert System

Double click on above image to view full picture
Zoom Out
Zoom In
Wireless Security Alert System 93068 alternate photo #1 Wireless Security Alert System 93068 alternate photo #2 Wireless Security Alert System 93068 alternate photo #3
Wireless Security Alert System
Bunker Hill Security - item#93068

Read 276 Reviews
Write a Review
Don’t be caught off-guard...Wireless Security Alert System warns you that visitors are on their way to your door
Bookmark and Share

Only: $29.99
Sale: $17.99
Qty:

This item may be available at your local Harbor Freight Tools Store
Add to Wishlist View Shipping Rates
Sorry, picture did not come out

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributer Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:52 am

Hi Reg-PA, I have posted an austalian ebay link to the product you mention below
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Battery-Operated-Wireless-Driveway-Alarm-Alert-Security-System-Bunker-Hill-93068-/261146227785
Tributer
Tributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Sat 23 Aug 2014, 6:56 am

Very Happy Thanks for straightening out that mess Protecting your camp 1424279845 

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mingo Sat 23 Aug 2014, 8:28 am

An old prospector from early Pilbara days had a digital heat gun for checking bearing temperatures and the like, this can be pointed in the direction of interest, hold a button and a red laser dot is shone on the spot, this travels a long way, much like the red dot a victim has on his person when a sniper is about to take a shot at him, also good for checking the temp in a camp oven. Claud Harper was his name if anyone knows him, bit of a character.

Mingo

Back to top Go down

Post by clodhopper Sat 23 Aug 2014, 11:08 am

Yeah I've heard of that legend,had a good friend and partner in piracy by the name of Mungo man who as a bush tracker made a brilliant baker,but it wasn't him that kneaded the dough...

clodhopper

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 01 Sep 2014, 1:22 pm

aaar they have no respect for peoples property that have bush camps these days .... bit by bit ,put em down the drill hole for them I reckon if you catchem..... yep you thieves , wa has had enough of it
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down